What's new

Hello everyone

Mowgli

Hi everyone, I’m new here, I’ve been using K@ and cannabis and alchohol for the past year, I had a traumatic event happen to me about 4 years ago which unravelled a lot of childhood trauma, I was in 12 step fellowships at the time, when I started taking cbd rich cannabis for my anxiety I was ostracised from the groups, I’m not getting into the “well it’s good for some people” debate, I just know it doesn’t help my trauma from childhood, I need empowerment not powerlessness .
Anyway, I’ve been searching for alternatives in helping with anxiety and sleep
The thing with K@ is that it works for a short while with me, then puts me in a mild mania, I’ve tried many strains, one strain that used to help sleep actually has opposite effect
My drinking has also crept up to everyday drinking
I stopped the K@ yesterday and took one Ambien to sleep
My hope is to use kava every day to replace the alchohol and K@
I’m in a weird limbo cos I don’t want to mix kava with Ambien
And I’ve gotta slowly cut down the booze
Any suggestions how I get from A to B?
Also what strains would be good for sleep
Thank you

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hi everyone, I’m new here, I’ve been using K@ and cannabis and alchohol for the past year, I had a traumatic event happen to me about 4 years ago which unravelled a lot of childhood trauma, I was in 12 step fellowships at the time, when I started taking cbd rich cannabis for my anxiety I was ostracised from the groups, I’m not getting into the “well it’s good for some people” debate, I just know it doesn’t help my trauma from childhood, I need empowerment not powerlessness .
I think some of these old timers in these 12 step meeting can be a little anal on what's an acceptable alternative or not. I spent many years on the merry-go-round at those groups and while I think it helped quite a bit, specially in the beginning. Eventually I took what I needed and left the rest. How you chose to move forward here is up to you. There is something to be said about cognitive behavioral therapy, that may be worth looking into. Works for me. Welcome to KF.. :)
Anyway, I’ve been searching for alternatives in helping with anxiety and sleep
The thing with K@ is that it works for a short while with me, then puts me in a mild mania, I’ve tried many strains, one strain that used to help sleep actually has opposite effect
My drinking has also crept up to everyday drinking
I stopped the K@ yesterday and took one Ambien to sleep
My hope is to use kava every day to replace the alchohol and K@
I recommend you withdrawal slowly and preferably under medical supervision, alcohol withdrawal is a serious thing. Again having past experience in the matter, there are some wonderful 7-10 day detox options, this will be the safest way to do away with both alcohol and K@ at once.
I’m in a weird limbo cos I don’t want to mix kava with Ambien
I agree, they are both depressants and one can potentiate the other.
Also what strains would be good for sleep
Thank you
GHK, KWK & BKH all sell sample packs, that's the easiest way to get going fast.

Edit: In you're case and location, @Edward may be able to help.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Bula!

Yes, you need empowerment, not powerlessness.

My inclination would be to get off the Ambien even more than the alcool or the kr@

My hunch also would be to slowly introduce kava, saya small shell in the morning for z few weeks, not expecting any effects, except maybe slightly better sleep, then once you are used to it, gradually increased the amount per day. At some point, and this could take months, your desire for alcohol should diminish, if not disappear.