What's new

Hello everyone

Mid

Just wanted to say hello all am new to kava and the forums.

I'm 35 from Texas and just recently bought a bottle of gaia's kava kava root capsules to give it a shot with my insomnia and anxiety. The capsules seem to help a lot with both just not sure what to expect from powdered form and am looking into what to try.

With the capsules I have been taking 1-6 depending on how I feel that night and the affects vary a little. So far the capsules have made my head feel calm, relaxed, and can even makes my head tingly with my ears kinda cold and numb feeling sometimes. As far as my body goes, when laying down sometimes it feels kinda like it wants to float away.

Is this the normal affect I should be expecting if I try the powdered form? Also any recommendations as far as a powdered brand or good safe place to buy would be great thanks.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Welcome to the forums, @Mid !

Powdered root will be stronger and more effective for anxiety and insomnia. Any of the vendors in the Vendor section of the forums can provide great powdered root. My personal faves thus far are Gourmet Hawaiian Kava and Kalm With Kava.

For insomnia I would suggest GHK's Nene in medium grind prepared traditionally by soaking and straining.

Mid

Thanks for the reply Steve, I will definitely check those out.

There is so many choices its hard to decide... I might just let my girl pick one out for me and try to get some brownie points since she is not into any herbs or anything for herself. lol

Mr. Rooted

Keepin' Austin Krunk
I have to agree with Steve's recommendation of Gourmet Hawaiian Kava's Nene... I would actually recommend the micronized to start with because it's easy to prepare. It tastes very good as far as kava goes, and Chris from GHK is giving kava forums members a discount in the members only discounts area.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Welcome Mid! you have certainly came to the right spot! :)
Here you will find much to read and learn,from beginners and pro's alike,
And just like Steve mentioned,there all allot of great kava vendors here,just scroll down on the HOME page
and u will see a BIG list of them! Most of them are great company's and alot of them get great reviews on their kaka!
This is defently the most laid back and chill forum about kava u will find anywhere,welcome aboard! :)