What's new

Hello from Austria

Panthau

Kava Curious
Hi there,
I recently tried cbd, which did nothing for me, and someone suggested Kava. Now unfortunately that stuff is illegal here in Austria.

Can anyone recommend me a vendor who ships to Austria? Is Kava Europe ok? I plan to just order from a reliable source
and then read into it. :)

Thanks,
Pan

Panthau

Kava Curious
Well, didnt expect such a warm welcome... thanks! :happy:

I plan to use it mainly on the weekends to replace alcohol (which makes my anxiety worse) and when i have bad anxiety.
As known, anxiety is thought based... i found that if something pushes me to think anxious thoughts, my mind drifts in that direction
until something stimulates it in the other direction. So in that regard, Kava might be helpful.

Oh, just saw that Kalm with Kava ships to Austria... though the shipping costs... $ 22,50. :confused:

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Hi there,
I recently tried cbd, which did nothing for me, and someone suggested Kava. Now unfortunately that stuff is illegal here in Austria.

Can anyone recommend me a vendor who ships to Austria? Is Kava Europe ok? I plan to just order from a reliable source
and then read into it. :)

Thanks,
Pan
I thought the Ban was lifted in Europe, overall? At least Germany lifted the kava ban? Or did it?

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I thought the Ban was lifted in Europe, overall? At least Germany lifted the kava ban? Or did it?
The term "ban" is highly confusing. I believe that there is only one country (Poland) in Europe where kava is totally illegal. By totally I mean both possession and sale.
In many other countries it is still technically illegal to sell or import pharmaceutical or sometimes food products containing kava. The situation in Poland is different as kava is not banned due to any concerns about its safety, but because it is seen as a "legal high". Back in 2009 the Polish authorities declared a war on all sorts of "legal highs" and created a massive list of substances that were banned as "psychoactive" and have since been treated in the same way as crack.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
The term "ban" is highly confusing. I believe that there is only one country (Poland) in Europe where kava is totally illegal. By totally I mean both possession and sale.
In many other countries it is still technically illegal to sell or import pharmaceutical or sometimes food products containing kava. The situation in Poland is different as kava is not banned due to any concerns about its safety, but because it is seen as a "legal high". Back in 2009 the Polish authorities declared a war on all sorts of "legal highs" and created a massive list of substances that were banned as "psychoactive" and have since been treated in the same way as crack.
Thank you for that clarification.

Panthau

Kava Curious
W.O.W that is insane! Now anyone tell me that theres not the big pharma involved.

Havent ordered yet, i guess some more research is needed... thankfully you have already talked about everything that is needed on these forums. :p

Mr G

Kava Curious
Yes, the legallity in Europe thing is super confusing at this point. GKE won't ship into certain countries now either because of clear illegality or too many seizures. But I don't see Austria on their list. Mail them and ask if they ship to Austria or have any issues with such? Just don't ask them anything about taking Kava. They've stated previously that they'll not ship to you if you've told them you'll consume it.

Nice photo BTW, man I miss the sea.

Panthau

Kava Curious
Im about to order at GKE, im just not sure about the differences of their products... guess i find the solution somewhere on the board.

I made that pic with a GoPro snorkeling in croatia... weird enough, i like facing my fears although i have times when anxiety is nearly destroying me.
In that case, the deep see frightens me... looking into the endless dark water gives me chills lol.

Edit: ok ordered now 100g of the instant powder from GKE.

Last edited: