What's new

Hello from Vancouver

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
Hey all,
Stoked I found this active forum.
I got hooked on Kava while living in Fiji 4 years ago and am now looking for the best options to obtain some here in Vancouver, Canada. It's been a couple years since I've had it but I could really see myself getting back into it if it is easy to get.
Is there a general consensus on the best online options?
Or does anyone live in Vancouver and happen to know of any retailers selling?
Very happy to be a part of this forum!
Thanks for having me!

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
Welcome to the tribe, @grog ! ::chugger::

To answer your question on what the best online options are, you should check out Kavasseur's blog. The guy consumes so much sakau that it's a wonder he's capable of doing those reviews streight faced.

theGrogfather

Welcome to the tribe, @grog ! ::chugger::

To answer your question on what the best online options are, you should check out Kavasseur's blog. The guy consumes so much sakau that it's a wonder he's capable of doing those reviews streight faced.
You're right @Ligermeat , this guy really lives up to his name. Looks like I have a lot of research ahead of me.
Thanks for the welcome ::tipshat::

theGrogfather

Welcome to the forums @grog

I live in the Fraser Valley myself.
Online retailer @Paulie-Paul lives in BC.
His Site: https://www.thekavaroots.com/
Thanks for welcome.
I fired off an email to kava roots a couple days ago to see if I could bypass shipping as I heard they were in/near Vancouver. Haven't heard back.
Might have to order some KWK in mean time.
I'll keep you posted on local shops with root, I'm searching pretty hard.

Reactions: EQ

theGrogfather

Kava from KWK has arrived!
What a week. It's been a blast finding this forum. You all have reignited my desire to source out good kava and, after three years, finally get it back into my system.
I'm no experienced kava veteran, just the 6 months I lived in Fiji, so reading all the reviews and hearing how affects vary with every variety, it makes me very excited to turn this into a lifestyle and experience new things.
I've decided to give the Loa Waka a try first. While not everyone seems to fully have the same experience with it, the general consensus is a good, strong, all around type root. Tomorrow will be go time, can't wait, I'll be sure to let you guys know how my 'rebirth' into kava land goes!

theGrogfather

Update:
My 3 year hiatus has come to an end!
I thought since it had been I while I would start light, so I mixed 3tbsp in 2 cups of hot water. The first shell was pure nostalgia. I personally like the taste, and the instant tingling in the mouth reminded me how amazing this root can be.
I was only feeling mild affects after the first wash, so I did a second and even a third later to try and get the most of the root. My mood was pretty mellow but I didn't nearly reach where I was wanting.
I'm hoping this is due to the lower dosage and not a reverse tolerance thing since it's been a few years. I'm pretty new to single servings as in Fiji we always mixed huge bowls for the whole gang to share, so I guess I need to find that sweet spot dosage. Maybe my kneading skills could use some work as well.
Either way, I'm stoked to have this root in my house again

Last edited: