What's new

Hello to all from the UK

Muddy

Kava Curious
I'm a kava newbie, so thought I'd introduce myself with a few words of why I've decided to give kava a try. In fact, I've just taken my first couple of shells this evening (about 6-7 grams of quick kava in total, washed and tossed). Not much happening really, but I'm aware of reverse tolerance, so will do the same again tomorrow evening and subsequent evenings until I start to feel something.

A bit of background. Many years back I had big problems with alcohol, and consequently took the abstinence route. And that has been difficult at times, not because of any craving for alcohol, which I never really enjoyed towards the end, but more because I've struggled with many associated problems such as social anxiety, etc. It's meant that, apart from attendance in 12 step groups in the early years, my social life took a real hit after curtailing the drink and drug lifestyle. And I'm fed up with being isolated and have started to really want a social life frankly. So this year I started looking for some herbs and potions to loosen me up.

Six months back I started using K@ and really took a shine to it. It really did hit the spot and pretty much done away with my long standing insomnia. But I felt that it was a bit too moorish, euphoric and close to the that first couple of drinks feeling really and so a week ago I stopped taking it. I just felt it had the potential to become a serious addiction and I don't want that kind of substance slavery again. So now I've decided to give kava kava a whirl.

I ordered 100 grams of quick kava and got it today (thanks for the excellent service vendor if you're on here). So tonight is the n=1 begins.

On edit: I just came back to cypher the k_tom and see it's been done. Cheers.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Welcome, Muddy! Glad to have you with us. My story is rather similar to yours. If only we had found kava first!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hello back from the UK! Keep going with the kava, it can take a little while but worth it. The QKP is a good one too, I use it 3 or 4 nights a week when I am in my lorry. On it tonight ;-)

ta-va

Earth Bound
Welcome Muddy. Some very helpful and informative posters here as well as some of the best of the vendors around the globe. Enjoy your stay!