What's new

Help with a Kava Connection

Bigkarma

Kava Curious
Hi everyone, my name is Dustin. I am new to the forum and i hope you all are having a great night/day. I run a small business and i am trying to introduce some new ideas to my customers about some alternative ways to deal with some of their addictions and just common everyday struggles in life through the use of Gods medicine. Basically at the end of the day i just want to help others.

I have all my other distributors set up for my store except for a real proper Kava connection! I actually have Zero wholesale connections to Kava sources currently. Any help on this would be awesome, and thank you for any information that could possibly help.

This is kind of off topic, but I personally use Kava in a vegetable glycerin based tincture to vape (I use a mod with an RTA atomizer running dual stainless steel coils set in temperature control mode as to not burn it out and over heat it) and it does wonders! :happy:

Last edited by a moderator:

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Hi, Dustin! Good kava is a niche product. Unlike other botanicals, there really isn't much of a wholesale or white label market. Herbal shops have a stereotype of carrying overpriced awful kava, or none at all.

The supply chain for "good" kava usually goes: local farmer -> domestic kava agent -> overseas retail vendor -> into your belly in the US/Canada/Europe/NZ/wherever.

Besides flying to the South Pacific and making connections in person, some kava resellers buy from a couple of big exporters in Vanuatu and Fiji. Those guys slang hundreds of kilos at a time, minimum. If you don't need that kind of volume, reselling kava for another vendor might be an option. Selling a product that's already branded can also mean less liabiltity for you as a retailer. Casual customers visiting a physical shop usually don't know market prices and will pay a little more than mail order prices, though if they become regular drinkers, they're gonna go online sooner or later. It's tough.

There is one certain vendor who's working on building a new sales network thru physical stores. It's not my place to say who they are or give away their plans though, since AFAIK it's still under development.

The nice thing about the kava world being small... you can just talk to other vendors, suppliers and growers. Check out the vendors listed here, or search online yourself, and just ask them. Good luck!

Bigkarma

Kava Curious
Kastom i appreciate the response. I understand what you mean about Kava not being available everywhere for sure. Its not like i can just type in Kava Distributors and all these endless possibilities show up as with pretty much any other product on the market. I guess that is a good thing though! However with that being said i am currently talking with one vendor on here that seems promising. I am not sure if that is the vendor you spoke of, but regardless i appreciate the feedback and information. I hope you are having a great night as well!