What's new

I Love Kava Friday Hey, where's the Friday thread?

Vice

Kava Enthusiast
After a brief nap and mixing up a few more tsb of waka, a friend rolled in the driveway just as I start to get my Mr krunk happy face on. He had a really hard week and asked me to do a mountain bike ride with him. I made him load my bike on his car. I think I fell asleep on the 20 min car ride only to wake up at the bottom of one of the harder climbs in the area just as it started raining. lol you've got to be kidding, I thought how did this all just happen to me. The first few mins of climbing was pretty hard but after that I started to enjoy the mountain road, the birds were very boisterous in their calls, all the streams were swollen from the recent rain and very noisy. All of the greens and dark browns were so vibrant with the contrast of the bright white birch trees . My friend was very nervous to do the downhill trails which were kind of treacherous with how slippery they were on all the moss covered rocks and roots. He was slipping and sliding everywhere but I just stayed nice and loose, for some reason ;) I stayed up right and had a great time. I'm happy to be home now, I'd like to mix up another batch but I'm going to have some dinner and I'll check back in with everybody's Friday when I'm in a even more relaxed frame of mind :)

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
After a brief nap and mixing up a few more tsb of waka, a friend rolled in the driveway just as I start to get my Mr krunk happy face on. He had a really hard week and asked me to do a mountain bike ride with him. I made him load my bike on his car. I think I fell asleep on the 20 min car ride only to wake up at the bottom of one of the harder climbs in the area just as it started raining. lol you've got to be kidding, I thought how did this all just happen to me. The first few mins of climbing was pretty hard but after that I started to enjoy the mountain road, the birds were very boisterous in their calls, all the streams were swollen from the recent rain and very noisy. All of the greens and dark browns were so vibrant with the contrast of the bright white birch trees . My friend was very nervous to do the downhill trails which were kind of treacherous with how slippery they were on all the moss covered rocks and roots. He was slipping and sliding everywhere but I just stayed nice and loose, for some reason ;) I stayed up right and had a great time. I'm happy to be home now, I'd like to mix up another batch but I'm going to have some dinner and I'll check back in with everybody's Friday when I'm in a even more relaxed frame of mind :)
Cool another cyclist on the forums. Awesome ride report, especially about the climb. Nothing like a steep grade to make you happy. :)

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Kumakua is awesome & tastes great. If I'm not mistaken, it has the same chemotype as Mo'i so its pretty heady. Am I right about the chemotypes being the same @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava ?
One batch of Kumakua had a chemotype of 462351, in the same testing some Moi was tested and there were 2 different plants from 2 different locations and we got 2 different chemotypes for Moi, they were 462351 and 463251.
The chemotype can be the same in different kava's but the effect can be totally different, that is the cool thing about kava. It really comes down to the amount of each kavalactone, the chemotype could be the same with some kava's but the actual % of each kavalactone could be different and that is what helps in the difference in effects. aloha.

Chris

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
My Friday just got murdered. Leaving town tomorrow so had a little more packing to do tonight then was going to hit the Waka hard to hit the hay early for a long day of driving tomorrow. Mrs. Squanch just informed me her folks are coming over to spend time with us before we go. So I will be drinking In-Law-ena instead so I can stay social enough for the Chatty Kathy invasion. One good thing I can get her Dad to take a kava candy every time I see him. Last time he melted into the recliner. Kava my secret weapon, the Excessive Talker Whisperer.
I dont know how you do it squanchy, but somehow you are able to make me feel incredibly sorry for you and give me an erection at the same time. :)