What's new

Hi all. Totally new to the stuff.

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
Hey guys. Totally new to Kava. Never heard of it before a few days ago. My wife turned me onto the tea to deal with job stress. I tried it as normal tea and felt nothing. Last night, after reading about what Kava actually is and gathering all the info I could, I grabbed some almond milk, heated it up, and massaged 2 teabags into the milk. Yeah. It affected me. I'm in love. I dont drink alcohol, havent for years, and I realllly need something to take the edge offf of stress.The effect of the tea was extremely subtle but it did help.

I'll be ordering from BKH within the next day or 2. I want something strooooong and relaxing. I'm glad I found this plant.

Bula.

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
Hey guys. Totally new to Kava. Never heard of it before a few days ago. My wife turned me onto the tea to deal with job stress. I tried it as normal tea and felt nothing. Last night, after reading about what Kava actually is and gathering all the info I could, I grabbed some almond milk, heated it up, and massaged 2 teabags into the milk. Yeah. It affected me. I'm in love. I dont drink alcohol, havent for years, and I realllly need something to take the edge offf of stress.The effect of the tea was extremely subtle but it did help.

I'll be ordering from BKH within the next day or 2. I want something strooooong and relaxing. I'm glad I found this plant.

Bula.
You looking for something heady or heavy?

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
I havent quite figured out what those 2 terms mean, though I see them tossed around quite a bit. I want something to take my mind down a notch. Or 5 notches. My head is always running a thousand miles an hour. I more want the mental effects. Just caaaaaallllllm. The physical would be welcome too. I have severe back pain and muscle tension as a result of stress. So.....basically I want to be drunk without the negative effects of alcohol. Mental impairment, for me, is a positive effect. Slow the thoughts down, relax the muscles. The euphoria I hear about would be mice too. The mental is the most important for me though, because the physical pain for me is a result of the mental.

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
Sounds like some heady will help you out. If you don't wanna get into traditional prep right away you could get the 11 year waka micronized. Only one I haven't tried from them but everyone on here seems to love it.

But for something a little balanced I'd recomend the Nangol noble. I've gone through pounds of it and is still my personal favorite. But right now they're in stock of most of their blends I think. So you should check out a sampler of the medium grind. Lots of heady in that pack

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah I would go for a balanced. Too heady and you will be stimulated and can tense up if you drink to much.
I recommend nangol noble as well. Or nene.. which has a perfect balance of mood lift and calming in my experience

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
Well I already intended to order from BKH based on the overwhelmingly positive reputation they seem to have online and because I see the owner posts regularly, so it looks like the Nangol Noble it is.

Appreciate the advice.

verticity

I'm interested in things
If Yogi tea bags are working that well for you, reverse tolerance may not be a problem for you... I didn't experience it

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah i also didn't experience rt in the way others did . But I did still experience a deepening of the kava experience over a few weeks of using it which was awesome.

I'm excited for you nangol noble is amazing. In fact I should order some lol

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
@Cmessier , combinations can work well too, but you have to experiment and see what works for you, and that can get pricey especially if you're ordering micronized.

Personally, for what you're talking about, I like a combination of Kalm with Kava's Borogu and Loa Waka micronized. Also a combination of Gourmet Hawaiian Kava's Nene and Mo'i.

It will take you some time to settle on what works for you. Do the research, check the review section here on the forum, and be patient. Kava really works if you give it a chance, but it's a fickle mistress, and it takes some perseverance to find the right cultivar and dosage for your needs.

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
If Yogi tea bags are working that well for you, reverse tolerance may not be a problem for you... I didn't experience it
The effect is subtle and short lived but its definitely there. Enough that I can tell I like it and want mooooore. Calm me down......relax my muscles....slow my thoughts. Thats what Im after. I tried muscle relaxers about 2 weeks ago and that didnt do a whole lot for me. I actually feel like the kava tea works just as well if not better.