What's new

Hi, I'm new here and new to Kava!

Hi,
I am new! :)
So, I am interested in learning more about kava kava. I like to drink a lot of alcohol at the end of the week, but wanting to explore kava kava for my other non-alcohol days.
I've tried it a few times and not sure If I am using it right, or the dose or type!

I've got a bottle here 900mg per 2 tablets. Kava Kava piper root. Is this an ideal dose?

I am taking it for a few things, mainly; anxiety, social anxiety, low libido, to boost motivation and creativity and relaxation.

Some questions I have: When to take it, what dose, which type?

If anyone can advise me on it that would be great :)
Thanks

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hi,
I am new! :)
So, I am interested in learning more about kava kava. I like to drink a lot of alcohol at the end of the week, but wanting to explore kava kava for my other non-alcohol days.
I've tried it a few times and not sure If I am using it right, or the dose or type!

I've got a bottle here 900mg per 2 tablets. Kava Kava piper root. Is this an ideal dose?

I am taking it for a few things, mainly; anxiety, social anxiety, low libido, to boost motivation and creativity and relaxation.

Some questions I have: When to take it, what dose, which type?

If anyone can advise me on it that would be great :)
Thanks
Howdy, welcome to kf!

My advice to you as a beginner in kava is to drink medium grind kava. Pills are inferior in quality to real kava and in fact you can't even call what you have kava, it's an extract. Extracts are not as effective as real kava. Best time to drink kava is early evening, after work, before dinner on an empty stomach.

I see in you are in the UK, @Edward or @Kavaclubeu can point you in the right direction. There may be other vendors, escapes my memory atm..