What's new

Hi there

Hi,
I'm a complete newb to kava. I recently read about it, and if kava is able to help with anxiety/depression, pain relief, insomnia, act as an appetite suppressant and perhaps boost creativity (I'm an artist), then I'm willing to give it a try! Euphoria sounds like a nice perk too... :whistle:
After doing some lurking and research here over the past couple of days, I decided to order Mahakea medium grind from GHK. Being described as having "nice balanced effects", I thought it might make a good one to start with. Placed my order yesterday and can't wait to try it!

I am curious about one aspect of kava... I've seen some statements along the lines that kava can increase alertness/awareness of surroundings, music, etc., and also that kava puts you to sleep. Ideally, I would like both those options! To be able to enjoy nice mellow creative periods, but use it to be able to fall asleep when needed at night. Would achieving this just be a matter of dosing? Perhaps having a shell early in the evening followed by a bit more before bed?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions down the line. Anyhoo... hello to all! I'm really happy to have found such an informative and helpful forum! ::aintthatnicez::
Welcome! I found hat the heightened sensitivity to light and sound only occured when I was in a loud enviroment or stupidly trying to drive after drinking Kava, every car that passed was like a freight train! You should be able to achieve both states you mention depending on your surroundings and, as you mentioned, your dosage :)

karly

The fluffy pic.
I went out and bought some new knee highs. I had one pair of knee highs that I had only ever worn for my niece's wedding a year ago (I'm not a girly girl! :rolleyes:) that started to release little crumbly bits of latex when I went to wash them. Didn't want that in the kava! I used a new pair, doubled them up, and they worked fine.
Purrrrrfect! And thanks girly girl! :D

~Kava ♥ ~