What's new

Hit reverse tolerance threshold @ 7 weeks

-33-

Trailer Park Boys - watch it on netflix!
Happened almost exactly as others described....

I had just about given up, taking 1 pack of kava candy per-day, every day for 7 weeks... on this last day, I was out of kava candy & didn't feel like driving to the store to get more... I debated going to get another pack for an hour, decided to go get 1 last pack... if It didn't work, I was giving up for good.

So that night I took 5 kava candys & it had the same effect I had gotten prior with 1 & 1/2 packs. Then finally last night, I only had to take 4 for a good session.

I think you'll realize when you hit your RT... when on that day, you decide you don't want/need any kava... must be a sign that your receptors have successfully up-regulated :)

Blippy5

Certified Noble
Be honest- you always have it in the back of your mind that everyone here was over stating it's effects?

Congrats though!

-33-

Be honest- you always have it in the back of your mind that everyone here was over stating it's effects?

Congrats though!
Yup... can't lie... i just kind of thought all you guys were light-weights :)

Naijomii

Kava Curious
I just think my receptors are partially broken haha but I've never been 'normal' ...too boring. (yes I'm one of the hard heads around here sadly)

Naijomii

Kava Curious
That's the thing, I never did any drugs other then my RX meds none of which are addictive, well except the ADD one I think, not sure but its controlled. I don't even drink alcohol except a few times a year, it just makes me wicked depressed. But, I did tend to become a social recluse due to stress and anxiety so I had to chose to treat the adhd or the stress /anxiety oddly they are opposite ends of the rx scale as I understand it. I could be wrong but that's the way it was explained to me. So now that the add is in check its time to deal with the stress part... my reason for looking to Kava. But as a side note...I always had either reverse effects with my meds or extremely high natural tolerances to them, just how I'm made I guess.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Hmm thats interesting.. yeah Adderall is a powerfull drug... it can affect your receptors for dopamine like everything else... and all the other brand ones... there all the same... some form of amphetamine... and yeah alot of people have that... its not the person but the state your in.... if I had an overactive mind and took add meds. It would quiet me down n relax.. but if I was already relaxed it would speed me up... also sad that the doctor don't realize that calming someone down without being doped up on anxiety meds can actually increase energy and attention... they're opposite sides of the rx ..but not opposite of eachother, they're the same problem manifesting seperatetly..

Sorry I end up on rants about the medications but I think you made a great choice with kava.. I wish I knew more about it long ago as we all do... kava and school go great together lol

-33-

If you've taken ADD meds for a long time... that could hurt your kava experience. Thanks to plasticity, your brain may be in overdrive (even after stopping taking add meds) for a very long time, upside is... your add might be better off lol. Also... "legal meth" milks your dopamine (gland?) making it almost impossible (after long-term use) to enjoy things as much as you could have. I say this with ALOT of personal experience & from talking to some pretty smart doctors :(

Naijomii

Kava Curious
I did think that might be some of it, and its part of why I think I'm such a hard head but the kava does work now at least in large doses. I'm grateful for that. And I'm down to only two 10mg doses of riddelin(sp?) which she says is pretty low if I need them plus I'm off all my anti depressants now thanks to kava (trial for two months so far with doc's ok).

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
There is at least one paper suggesting that "hardhead" may be due to genetic differences in how the liver processes kava. Which sucks for those of us in the hardhead club, but it's life.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I dug up that study, because I lost it a long time ago.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23635869

Within the kava group, GABA transporter polymorphisms rs2601126 (P = 0.021) and rs2697153 (P = 0.046) were associated with HAMA reduction

Furthermore, specific GABA transporter polymorphisms appear to potentially modify anxiolytic response to kava.
Basically, make sure to polymorph your GABA transporters before kava use for maximum effect ::awesomesmiles::

KavaCat

Meow.
I have been having kava sporadically (anywhere from a few times per week, to once a week) for a couple of years now, having gone through multiple pounds of kava, and I have to say, I'm STILL not sure I'm fully done with RT. It seems like I need less and less of it all the time. You just get to points where you make your "usual" amount of kava, and start realizing that the last few times, you didn't finish your batch, so you'll reduce the amount or strength. Last year, my regular dose was 3-6 TBSP regular grind, depending on type. 3 was for really strong stuff like Boroguru or Vanuatu, 6 for Melomelo, Mo'i, etc. I would need that much just to feel it, depending on the strain. Now I've had less than a tablespoon of mahakea micro, and I feel really great. I dunno if you saw the thread, but I had 3 TBSP of mahakea micro the other day, over several hours. Then, well after I thought it was more or less tapering off, I ate some chili, and I was just smashed. Possibly the strongest kava experience I've ever had. Keep going, it just gets better and better. Slowly. And maybe try the chili an hour or two after the kava.

Last edited: