What's new

Micronized Kava Review Honokane Iki

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
This kava is surprisingly relaxing to me, from reviews I'd read I was expecting more or an energetic feel. This isn't a bad thing, I've been enjoying it so far. It is very mental, but there are definitely body effects (at least for me), and as a bonus loosens up my neck and by doing so helps a LOT with tension headaches. Overall I really like this.

D

Deleted User01

Thank you Stinkweed for a good review. I found it heady the first time I tried it but the more I use it, the more I feel some of the other effects. It appears to be a nicely balanced Kava that you can still ingest during the daytime.

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
Thank you Stinkweed for a good review. I found it heady the first time I tried it but the more I use it, the more I feel some of the other effects. It appears to be a nicely balanced Kava that you can still ingest during the daytime.
Totally agree not what I expected, but great. Do you know of any "racy", edgy kavas? I like this a lot, but I was excited for that energy.

D

Deleted User01

The papa Ele Eles (and Puu Puu) are considered heady as is the Moi. Once you start getting into racy and edgy Kavas then you are looking at blended kavas.

D

Deleted User01

"Blends' mean they have Tudei and are therefore stronger. That's our code word for non-noble Kavas on the forum.

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
I always thought it meant a blend of two different types of kava to induce a different effect.
See that's kinda what I thought too, and then spiked or adulterated Kava's were the tuday mixed ones. I didn't think the energetic edginess was tuday associated, but if it is, then I'm pretty disappointed.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
"Blends' mean they have Tudei and are therefore stronger. That's our code word for non-noble Kavas on the forum.
@Deleted User01 not all "blends" have tudei. E.g. As per @Deleted User 's test results Nambawan is a pure noble kava and yet it is officially a "blend" of various noble varieties. Similarly, I sometimes "blend" different 100% noble kavas to get more balanced effects.

D

Deleted User01

You are right Henry but I use the word "Blended Kavas" to mean those blended with Tudei. I guess I need to give more explanation when I say that because I confused a lot of people. And now that you said that Henry, you opened the door for me to ask what kind of Noble Blends to like to put together. Any secret recipes??

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
You are right Henry but I use the word "Blended Kavas" to mean those blended with Tudei. I guess I need to give more explanation when I say that because I confused a lot of people. And now that you said that Henry, you opened the door for me to ask what kind of Noble Blends to like to put together. Any secret recipes??
I get your point, mate. I just thought that if we use such terms as "blend" or "blended" to describe noble kavas spiked with tudei people might be confused when they read the reviews of such products as Nambawan or Nangol Noble.

I personally prefer pure, heady kavas. But when you make kava for 10 or 15 people it's best to go for something more balanced as some people prefer more sedating kavas. Some kavas (such as GHK's legendary Mahakea) are naturally balanced. In other cases, I blend some headier kava (such as papa ele or moi) with a little bit of something more sedating (boroguru, hiwa or nene). If I want something predominantly sedating, but with a little bit of a heady bonus, I either go for pure Opihikao, or I blend some more sedating kava with a little bit of something very heady. :)

D

Deleted User01

I guess the real problem is that I can't call a spade a spade and I have to use code words (blended) which have good meanings as well as bad meanings. And all this just to make sure people know what they are buying. To all the Tudei drinkers out there, Salud! To the rest of ya'all, "Heads Up".

D

Deleted User01

@hotwired, Mo'i does not have Tudei in it. To put a finer point on it, since @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava grows and processes his own Kava in Hawaii, all his Kavas have been tested to be amongst the most noble of all the kavas sold around here. Kava is considered noble if it has NO Tudei. The Web Site for True Kava used to have a big list of Kavas that were listed in order of nobility and GHK had like the top 10 slots. Presumably the chart was taken down because some vendors .... shall we say ... felt uncomfortable with the results and voiced their displeasure. @Deleted User, do you still have a copy of that chart somewhere in the forum?