What's new

How does kava fit into your life?

Blippy5

Certified Noble
How does kava fit into your life?

Meaning- do you use it though out the day? Only on your day off? Nightly?

Sean D.

Kava Enthusiast
At night, for muscle tension. My shoulders are often sore from computer work. On weekends, early afternoon for rest and relaxation.

I was diagnosed as having tourette's when young. The tics are mostly gone as an adult, but kava helps alleviate that "nervous tic" feeling through out the week and keep me calm.

I've tried other remedies like magnesium, chamomile, omega 3s, ergo evals, etc: but kava is the most effective.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
I usually do kava late at night, after getting my kiddo in bed...just to help relieve all the aches and pains,
And sometimes on the weekends I use a realy heady kava earlier in the day...as long as I get the dose just right for the particular time of day. Its usually an awesome time
Still working on the perfect amount lol...every time I get a new kava, it takes a few days to get use to its effects...

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
I do it only at nighttime to get rid of the occasional anxiety that causes my insomnia. My sleep quality is on gourmet-level on kava.
Some times, if I have a friend come visit me, I can drink it throughout all the day with him just for the experience, but I've never done that alone.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
When I first started drinking kava, I would drink it before bed, and when I left for work. Now I only drink kava before bed. It's my secret to taking 6 hours of sleep and stretching it into what feels like 9 hours of sleep. Also, the anti-anxiety effects follow me well into the next day, in fact, it never leaves at this point.

D

Deleted User01

At mid afternoon as a pick me up/motivator and then the last shell at 5 insures a good nights sleep.

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
When I first started drinking kava, I would drink it before bed, and when I left for work. Now I only drink kava before bed. It's my secret to taking 6 hours of sleep and stretching it into what feels like 9 hours of sleep. Also, the anti-anxiety effects follow me well into the next day, in fact, it never leaves at this point.
Kap'm, this thing about stretching 6 hours of sleep into what feels like more is interesting. If I understand you correct, I think I experience that all the time when I sleep on kava. I wake up, after about 6-7 hours of quality consistent sleep, and feel VERY fresh - like I've slept for about 100 years. (Sleeping Beauty) :pompus:

Blippy5

Certified Noble
That sounds great. Kinda along the lines I figured, but it's nice to see.

Thanks for the replies.

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
That fact alone is one of the huge reasons I continue to drink kava :)
That fact alone actually makes me think that we are dealing with something revolutionary here. Sleeping pills are NOT good for long term use for many reasons, and there are so many insomniacs that are unable to live their lives because of their restlessness.
Kava, on the other hand, is the best sleeping aid that I've ever tried. I think it can save lives.

And no, it's not the krunkness that's speaking :happy:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
That fact alone actually makes me think that we are dealing with something revolutionary here. Sleeping pills are NOT good for long term use for many reasons, and there are so many insomniacs that are unable to live their lives because of their restlessness.
Kava, on the other hand, is the best sleeping aid that I've ever tried. I think it can save lives.

And no, it's not the krunkness that's speaking :happy:
This is certainly one of the reasons that kavaforums exists :)