What's new

How long before I stop doing this?

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
Well today I tried something a little different. I put some lemon juice in with the kava, drank it while holding my breath, then without taking another breath, immediately took a big swig of lemonade. It was much better than before but I'm not sure I'll ever get used to it. I'll still have an involuntary shudder even 10 minutes after drinking the stuff!

Does anyone have any other recommendations for flavor additives/maskers?
You can put it in a smoothie, but it will be an ass smoothie. I recommend chasing it with Juminex or some other heavy nectar drink- that cuts it off your tongue like buttah!

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
You want to see something awesome?

YOU WANT TO SEE SOMETHING AWESOME?

Not just normal awesome, TECHNICOLOR AWESOME

Here it is, queued up for you. Watch carefully. You can see Liz's "Kava Face." God, she was so SEXY back then. She still is, believe it or not.

kavapup

Kava Curious
Lol! Awesome indeed! I like how she looks at it for a brief moment first, before her sense of duty kicks in. I think she did a good job, and her kava face was rather stoic. I think it's possible that the camera cut away before the inevitable shudder though... ;)

I've discovered that apple cider makes a rather good chaser. A forceful exhalation before drawing a breath helps get rid of kava aftertaste too. :joyful: