What's new

How many kavalactones using aluball

letournc

Hello all!

I apologize if this question has been answered already, however, I searched around and couldn't find the answer I was looking for. I have read in another thread that using the aluball the strength could be around half of using a kneading method? That got me thinking about the amount of kavalactones I am getting per tablespoon when using an aluball prep method?

I was going by some data I found online that per tablespoon I should be getting about 70-100 kavalactones, however now I am questioning this due to using the aluball prep method.

Anyone have more information or can give me some clarification on what I might be getting for kavalactones when using an aluball?

Details:
  • I am using KWK Borogu
  • I generally heat the water to "warm" (6-8 oz)
  • Add about 2 tablespoons of kava
  • Shake for about 1-2 minutes
  • Drain that batch in a separate cup
  • Do a second wash with warm water
  • Mix the second wash with the first...and enjoy!
Thanks!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Measuring kavalactones in a prepared beverage is quite difficult and actually requires freeze drying that beverage, taking the powder and mixing it with a strong solvent like acetone or ethanol, then running that supernatant through an HPLC.

A shell of normally prepared, relatively strong kava will have somewhere in the range of 100-250mg of kavalactones, so a rough guess for the aluball is maybe 75-175mg. To know exactly what the the aluball creates you would have to run an HPLC on the kava from that to be 100% sure.

letournc

Measuring kavalactones in a prepared beverage is quite difficult and actually requires freeze drying that beverage, taking the powder and mixing it with a strong solvent like acetone or ethanol, then running that supernatant through an HPLC.

A shell of normally prepared, relatively strong kava will have somewhere in the range of 100-250mg of kavalactones, so a rough guess for the aluball is maybe 75-175mg. To know exactly what the the aluball creates you would have to run an HPLC on the kava from that to be 100% sure.
Okay thanks, I will go with a nice round number of about 100 mg per aluball with 2 tbs of kava.