What's new

How many tablespoons in a kilo?

Ok4567

Hey everyone I have a elementary school question for people used to ordering large amounts. I'm looking into ordering a kilo but I'm not very knowledgeable on measurements. It's a little confusing that sometimes it's quoted by weight and sometimes by volume and the term ounce means different things by weight and by volume. I use about 1 tablespoon per serving. Roughly how many tablespoons (unit of volume) are there in a kilo (unit of weight) of kava? Or we can use teaspoons or ounces (unit of volume). Just trying to figure out the volume to weight conversion here thanks!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
A shitload, man. It's hard to say because the weight of a volume measurement will vary based on the grind. Working backwards from the cups I use, I'd say at least 32.

D

Deleted User01

@Ok4567 , Welcome to the Forum (man)! ::awesomesmiles:: I would like to correct Kavadude, he said you would get a shitload of tablespoons. By my calculation, it's closer to a buttload.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@Ok4567 Welcome to the forums!!!
This is off-topic, but I'm really curious. More than a few of the members here use numbers in their avatar name. Why is that? I don't think there are 4,566 other Ok members here. So what is the reason? ::happyshell::

D

Deleted User01

I'm going to guess that it is the same problem as getting a unique userid. You ask for java and the computer says it is already taken. So then you ask for java123 and it is still taken. So you go out on a limb and ask for java4566 and bingo. That is a unique id.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Does anyone here make grog using weight instead of displacement? Or whatever you call that type of measurement....hah

Ok4567

Ok got it thanks everybody but I think the scientific term for how much it would make is Fu*kton.