What's new

How much do u spend a week/month on kava?

Jay

Kava Curious
I guess this has probably been asked a few times but I couldn't find it..

How much do u spend /take???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I spend about $140 a month on kava. I measure my kava with a scale. It takes exactly 55 grams to make my nightly batch.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Hmm, good question. I'd have to guess maybe $20-30?? A big order of kava lasts me over a month, and I usually order cheaper+more potent kava. A kilo of boroguru would last me a whole month and costs $57. I usually will throw in some random stuff purely out of curiosity though.

D

Deleted User01

I think I average about 35 a month. But I only do Kava 3 times a week. In fact, I'm getting ready to order some Boroguru because most of my inventory is Kavain type Kava like Melo, Melo, Fiji, and Solomons.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Around $11.42 assuming I buy a 1 lb. bag that comes out to around $40 total.

1 lb last about 3.5 -4 months for me. :cool:

P

pjim

It can be over $100/month, but I used to spend way more than that on other habits which did me a lot less good. All told, I think I'm saving money... that's what my wife claims, too, after she goes shopping: "Look at how much I saved!"

Jay

Kava Curious
So it's safe to say it's not a massive expense really, even for those who take daily.
Interesting
Be more for me I guess as I'm in England. But I will be limiting my usage anyway.
Thanks for the answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

F

Flyrodderdh

I usually spend around $30/month. Most months I will drink about a pound of Kava by Rex Fiji Waka Grade.

D

Deactivated Account

I scoff down 1kg (2.2lb) in about 4 days. Which is exactly why i dont allow myself to have it very often …that is about $80 worth here. Its something i have when im on holidays & do not intend moving off the couch.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
I just spent about $400 for a "year's supply." I didn't get the whole package (Nakamal@Home's reputation strikes again). Now, this might be a bit on the low-ball figure, but I'm trying to convince Alzheimer's Lady that she's spending way too much on wine, which would be about three times as much.

I tend to buy in bulk, and hope to have a small stockpile of disposable income come Cyber Monday.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
I spent about 3000$ on kava when I first got into it. Still paying that shit off lol. Still have a giant stockpile of lawena and stone too. Pity I sold the others simply because I thought it would interact with a pharmaceutical that ended up being a useless joke anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User01

YepimoneFire, remember your title on the Kava Forum, "Chief Hoarder". You got plenty of time to catch up. By they way, how is the Lawena? I think I'm still doing about 35 bucks a month based on 3/4 sessions a week. However, I'm favoring Kava over booze more and more so that figure might change.

Hey Prince, get the wine drinker into doing Kava on some days and wine on others. Once she sees the difference, she may start thinking like me. And brother, I got 8 bottles of single malt scotch, a wine refrigerator full up to the top, and 4 home brews on tap. However, the after effects of Kava are nice compared to the messy effects of alcohol. You might get her started on some instant, mix it up in her orange juice and ice. I had some instant recently in plain water and the taste was very bearable.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
It's a headier kava, higher in kavain. Really fine grind though and it always brews up thick. Idk what happened to their waka. It's much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk