What's new

How much kava is too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbinxy

Kava Curious
Ok, so let's say someone had drank 5 tbsp stone, 3 tbsp KWK borongoru, and 5 tbsp KWK pouni ono. My head is kind of swimming but I feel wonderful. Can I expect nausea soon? This has all been consumed over the course of about 5 hours.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
That's a hefty dose doctor binxy.
But it really depends on how well you made the brew, how fast you drank it, how much heavy food in your tummy etc. But if your feeling good and don't have neasua I wouldn't expect it , it usually comes with or before the good effects if you over do it

D

Deleted User01

That there is a metric buttload of Kava. 2-3 tablespoons is plenty for me. But if you are a Newbie, you might need that much. You shouldn't get nausea unless you ingested a bunch of fiber and assuming you are even sensitive to the fiber. Anyway, you can report back to us today and give us the lowdown.

drbinxy

Kava Curious
I'm not a newbie, but that was the most I've ever done for sure. I still feel it today. Had mild nausea that was curbed by eating. I also make all my brew weak as far as root to water ratio. So I wasn't dehydrated. Used the aluball for all of it. I always shake it for way longer than the recommended 30 seconds.

D

Deleted User01

I'm not a newbie, but that was the most I've ever done for sure. I still feel it today. Had mild nausea that was curbed by eating. I also make all my brew weak as far as root to water ratio. So I wasn't dehydrated. Used the aluball for all of it. I always shake it for way longer than the recommended 30 seconds.
Kiddies, don't to this at home.:LOL: Well, sometimes you have to stretch your limits. It's way better than pounding a case of beer.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Haha I'm suprised you didn't get sick from that much water if you used that much kava but made it weak... lol that's alot of water !

Too much kava is when you throw up at the thought of more.

S

Summer

Mmmm, I don't know - it seems to take more for me to feel good effects. I'd say that's a fair dosage if you're more of a "heavy weight." I've never had Stone, though. I do feel like after daily use for months with only a rare break that it personally takes more for me. I want* to take a break for 3-5 days because I almost forget what it feels like to be non-lizardish. I do, however, know what it feels like to be able to sleep a little better, hop on a plane without worrying about how many pills I will need, or drive through Chicago traffic without freaking out.

*I don't really want to but I think it gives a nice reset from time to time.

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Ugh, that would be too much Stone for me, that gives me anxiety. Sounds like you weathered the storm though, and if you didn't get nauseous, then you found your limit.

I'd say you've had too much when you're not enjoying it anymore, which happens to me occasionally with micronized.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
That's a regular day for me, but I spread it out through out it. Haven't had Stone though.

drbinxy

Kava Curious
Stone feels great on the body. I'll agree to the anxiety increase from stone though. By the time I'd drank the other two it evened out into bliss. I'd recommend mixing stone with a more heady kava, or some KWK concentrate. As far as how I felt today I had some after effects till about noon probably. It was more of an afterglow than a hangover though. Probably has something to do with me loading up on electrolytes (potassium, magnesium, zinc, b-vitamins, etc) and drinking all the water.

Now I'm diving straight back in. Might as well, nothing to do today. Gonna do much lower doses though lol. 1tbsp of each mixed with 1 oz of concentrate is sitting in my cup right now.

Last edited:

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
funny i just had stone for the first time today/currently...so far so good nice and heady with body relaxation and pain relief. not much in the euphoria department though which i miss from some loa waka. perhaps ill have to get squanched again soon. i also have not noticed any increased anxitey that others have noted

Jerome

Kava Lover
I used to have fairly frequent kava parties back in the early 2000's. A couple times, participants would drink so much they would get very dizzy and vomit. We had pillows, blankets, fruit chasers, but still, it was easy to over do it. I had a couple friends vomit outside after excessive kava.

I'd say that is too much. Anything less is just peachy c

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
It's a really good question. When I overdo Kava, I really regret it. There's a sweet spot where you get this kind of euphoria that you can't experience outside of Kava. It's a kind of "everything is in its right place" feeling and usually is the peak of a proper krunk. But if you go over this mark by a shell, you might feel pretty jittery or ill. Obviously, the "too much Kava" feeling isn't a good one, but it only lasts for about 30 minutes.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I think strong double vision is always a pretty good sign of getting into the "too much kava" zone. It doesn't have to be unpleasant, but if you keep drinking you might get strong nausea.

The worst "too much noble kava" episode I've ever had was in Vanuatu. My first night there, my first nakamal crawl, after a few shells (beautiful) I went back to my hostel. A random guy brought a few plastic bottles from a nearby nakamal and insisted that we have a few extra shells. I had two or three and the world started spinning. I could barely walk. I quietly crawled back to my room, every noise, every bit of light seemed offensive. I had to lie down and prayed not to vomit. My mind was alert and my thoughts were clear, but my muscles, my eyes and my ears were clearly very confused. I finally managed to fall asleep. I woke up totally dehydrated, but strangely without any big hangover. But I couldn't even think about kava.

Last edited by a moderator:

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
My stomach usually calls it quits before my eyes. I've gotten to the point where my eyes didn't function a handful of times (most recently I got there after a small top up dose on a very mild kava buzz -- kinda freaked me out). When I get to this point I just go to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.