What's new

How to neutralize that taste?

thorildor

Kava Curious
Hello,

I can't support that taste, it make me vomit. I have ordered kalm with kava, perfect no kava taste but even with 4oz I have no effect. Do you know with what liquid Kalm with kava mix the Kava? And do you know other beverage who neutralize the taste? Do you think that syrup will neutralize the taste?

Thanks!

P.S: Just received lilke 100 gram of Mo'I, as I don't remember that I ordered that I think it's a present, thanks!

Last edited:

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
I enjoy the taste of kava. But if i put micro in a water bottle for on the go, I add a flavor packet in as well. Covers up the taste of micro and nobody asks me whats the brown stuff in your water bottle.

Attachments

Bert07

Me like da kava
The best way is just holding your breathe as if you're going underwater and chugging it like you haven't drunk anything all day. Then, while still holding your breathe, quickly chug a few gulps of a chaser. Sweet juice is good. After this, you can finally breathe mostly through your mouth for the next few minutes. This is what I do and it seems to work out the best. I believe there's nothing really out there that you can mix with to effectively subdue the taste. If the aftertaste is still a problem, mouthwash or a minty/cinnamon gum would certainly help a lot.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Or just embrace the dirty monkey butt flavor. Sharply exhale after chugging it. Make some aboriginal noises and sit back to enjoy.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I have grown to like the taste through association - the same way a child hates the smell of alcohol but come teenage years learns to like it. So keep trying!
Like others have said above - hold your breath and down the shell in one - this is how it is done in Melanesia/Polynesia. Some people have a bottle of juice with them, or rinse their mouth from a tap, or have a bite on a piece of food (yam, taro etc) to clear the aftertaste.