What's new

How to not waste Kava with RT

1 person

So I just ordered a sample pack from Bula Kava House, and I can't wait for it to get here! However I've been reading though many posts in the new members forum and noticed a lot of talk about reverse tolerance. I'm worried that I will waste a lot of my kava just trying to get past the reverse tolerance point, and I won't be able to find which strain I like the most. Is there a specific method of consuming kava in order to break down my RT? I'm mainly asking because this stuff is quite expensive and I'm a poor college student. Thanks guys!

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
It started working for me sorta quickly. Started with instant from kava king then did the BKH sampler. Lots of heady grinds in that mix. Just try some of each. Wish I had known of Kava when I was in college. Probably would have stuck with it.
But that's a good way to start out in my opinion. Hope u enjoy the Nangol noble, that's my favorite from them.

Wanderlywagon

Kava Curious
I would suggest the least expensive kava for breaking reverse tolerance, it would be a shame to "waste" some fine and rare kavas...
I agree 100%. A pound of kava king micronised cost me roughly 20 dollars and finally broke me through rt. It may not be the best of the best on here, but it's cheap and it works, and I think those are the 2 most important qualities for an rt breaking kava. It also takes the guess work out of whether you're preparing it properly (as with medium grind), because you will always question if it's your prep is the problem when going through rt with medium grind.

I probably spent about 400 dollars on premium kavas up until then without getting much of an effect. I'm probably an extreme case, but I wish I had found kava king first. It would have saved me a lot of money.

1 person

I agree 100%. A pound of kava king micronised cost me roughly 20 dollars and finally broke me through rt. It may not be the best of the best on here, but it's cheap and it works, and I think those are the 2 most important qualities for an rt breaking kava. It also takes the guess work out of whether you're preparing it properly (as with medium grind), because you will always question if it's your prep is the problem when going through rt with medium grind.

I probably spent about 400 dollars on premium kavas up until then without getting much of an effect. I'm probably an extreme case, but I wish I had found kava king first. It would have saved me a lot of money.
I was under the impression that the stronger that the kava is, the quicker it breaks down your reverse tolerance. Do you know if there's any truth to this? I might just spend an extra 20 on kava king. My only real concern is if I end up not liking the stuff, I don't want to spend a lot of money on it(hence why I bought the sample pack in the first place).

Wanderlywagon

Kava Curious
I was under the impression that the stronger that the kava is, the quicker it breaks down your reverse tolerance. Do you know if there's any truth to this? I might just spend an extra 20 on kava king. My only real concern is if I end up not liking the stuff, I don't want to spend a lot of money on it(hence why I bought the sample pack in the first place).
I'm no expert, so maybe! All I know is that I spent a lot of money on positively reviewed kavas before I got over rt :( I'm sure it would have been much more cost effective for me to have got there on kava king micro alone, even if it would have taken several pounds to get there.

I do think I had an unusually stubborn reverse tolerance to the stuff though. You might get there before you're done with your bkh order. I hope so :shameshame:

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
Who knows, you may not even have to go through RT. I didn't. But if you do, try taking those Gaia caps you buy at the health food store for a few days in a row. They're cheaper than good kava and should be potent enough to get you past RT.