What's new

How to use Kava and when to feel the effects

Okay so i used kava for the first time a few days ago before a very stressful situation. It seemed to have worked some, however i was hoping it would completly quell my anxiety and the feeling of stress like a benzo. Im wondering if i need to take it more and build up that "reverse tollerance" I have the co2 extract from Bula kava house and ive read that its good but maybe not as powerful as the brews. Anyways just looking for some tips on how to maximize my experience and get thet most out of it

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
you may need to tamp down your high hopes a tad. There are perhaps a very small number of people for whom kava would have had a first time effect like what you were hoping for, but far less than 1%, and that would be with grog. Extracts can feel good, for pleasure, but I have never heard of one being used to treat or prevent anxiety.

That is not to say you can’t feel some good effects right away, some relief. But to expect a complete and total effect the first time using an extract, the odds just aren’t even remotely there, except in the fluke or miracle category.

Now, my wife did fix the decades-in-building issues with anxiety she had but it took her 8 months of drinking grog every day before that happened. I’m sure there are others here who fixed or made great strides with anxiety, but i’m guessing it would be hard to find more than one or two for whom it had worked instantly, completely, and the first and every time.

What I would recommend is to start drinking grog every day, at least a shell or two, increasing it if you can tolerate the taste. Look for subtle and gradual effects, like relaxation, feeling of well-being, better sleep, more interesting dreams. Use the extract just for pleasure and really just enjoy it. See how you feel about it after 2 months. You should see some things start to get better after that. It is really more a course of treatment when used therapeutically, rather than a one-shot deal.

Last edited: