What's new

Kava Preparation Hyperion's Way

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
I would recommend getting a fijian strainer from one of the recommended kava vendors around here. I got mine from BKH and it's lasted a long time. You can use a womans knee high stocking, it works well, but won't last long.

There are many methods for powder and I've tried most of them, but here's what I do:

Put about 8 oz of water in a bowl, big enough that you won't splash the water out of the bowl. Put some kava in the strainer, 2 tbsp is probably good if you are a new user, although some people use a lot more. Dip the bag into the water and swirl it around until it's wet and then start kneading the contents. You will see the cloudy liquid seeping through the strainer. Do that for about 5 minutes and then squeeze out the strainer. Pour your strained kava liquid into some type of cup and drink it quickly. You can probably get a good 2nd straining out of the same strainer of kava before disposing of the left over contents of the bag. Oh, and I would recommend a chaser, like ginger ale, most people do not find the taste pleasant to say that least.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: