What's new

I joined this forum back in 2014 ...

KavaPremi

... and am only now getting around to posting something, lol!

I'm just wondering what dangers, if any, there are if I've got
kava in my system and suddenly need some sort of medical
attention involving anesthesia and/or anything else an EMT or
hospital may inject into me in attempts to rectify the situation?
Would they need to withhold even the essentials (whatever
those might be given the emergency), due to there being
kava in my bloodstream?

(I've actually got kava mentioned on a medical-ID card in my
wallet that lists whatever medications I happen to be taking at
the time.)

Up to now, the only kava I've consumed has been in tea form,
so relatively mild... though I would like to explore other options
at some point.

Thanks in advance for any insights on this!

tutti196

Kava Curious
the most problems are that kava can reduce or enhance medication so they need to give you less or more of it and they can be stronger sideeffects, because the medications stays longer in your system because of kava but thats mostly in my experience 8-12 hours after a heavy session of noble kava.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I drank kava all through chemo, radiation, multiple surgeries. It was fine. Only thing I would emphasize is that kava is food. It may be a drink, but it is food floating around in water. So if the instructions are no food, or on an empty stomach, that means no kava :-( . That's where the 70% extract is handy.... :)
Quite honestly I've had my eye on you and this. I know if anyone is navigating the medical world with kava in tow, it's you. It's why I decided to go ahead and drink kava when they released me from the hospital. Every one of my personal rules said no, but I needed actual experience, and you answered my questions without even knowing I was asking them. Kava helped me relax and feel better than absolutely anything they gave me in a pill.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Quite honestly I've had my eye on you and this. I know if anyone is navigating the medical world with kava in tow, it's you. It's why I decided to go ahead and drink kava when they released me from the hospital. Every one of my personal rules said no, but I needed actual experience, and you answered my questions without even knowing I was asking them. Kava helped me relax and feel better than absolutely anything they gave me in a pill.
With kava everything was fine. Fun, even. Without kava, too shudderingly terrifying to even contemplate...