What's new

Ignorant caveman attempts kava preparation, is successful.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
........Krunk is the word that was a blend from drunk and kava (so basically when you are intoxicated off kava)..........
Actually the term Krunked came from Shirley Ellis in 1964 when she made the name game.

Using the name Drunk, it creates a natural pattern:

Drunked Drunked bo-batie
Banana-fan fo-fatie
Fee-Fi-mo-matie
Krunked

It's just your basic science.

Blomdor

Envoy of the Dealfish
'llo, people. I'm too shy and worried about repeating an old topic to start a new one for this; my apologies for bumping this silly thread.

I'm just wondering a bit about this Koniak stuff I've been trying out. I've heard all over the internet about how strong it is, and indeed there is even a warning on the bag that it may be too much for newbies. However, I'm three days into the bag and so far it has been relatively easier on me than the Mood and Mind 100% lateral root powder that I started off with. I'm looking into a blender and some soy lecithin in case it could make the brew a bit more potent; it's a pretty coarse grind, much more so than the stuff I used before. It's not weak, certainly, but it's not knocking me off my arse like I was expecting.

Any ideas as to why this is? Perhaps it builds up over time before acquiring its infamous power, or maybe it's just my lack of expertise showing.

I'm about an hour past downing a bowl of 6 tablespoons kava to 2 cups water, kneaded for over twenty minutes and with vegetable oil and milk added, and while it feels great it does not seem to be as potent as the strongest batch of the Mood and Mind I managed to make. Hm.

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
I also cracked into a bag of mood and mind and found the taste to be the worst of the kava s I tried ..I didnt find it particularly piney just very heavy and muddy ..a real struggle to chug down . But the effects for me were great kind of a sit down and stare at a wall type of feeling . Just made me very content to be bored and I felt very loose in the body . The effects kinda came on slow ..by the third shell was always the time it hit hard and you definately know it's full swing

CanAwa

I would compare it to melo melo with more euphoria and a horrible taste ! I hope the koniak works out for you

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@Blomdor I bought a 1lb of Koniak to try but have only used it once because although it gave me nice potent effects but made me very nauseous. I think I just over did it and the next time I'll back off a little on it. Unfortunately I haven't tried melo melo or Mood and Mind, so can't compare. Just confirming out of the stuff I've tried so far (Nabawan, Boroguru, Stone, Koniak) I thought the Koniak was the strongest (potent) but liked the Nabawan the best (so far).

Blomdor

Envoy of the Dealfish
I have successfully gotten quite krunked on the Koniak. Indeed, it has hit me with more krunkedness than the Mood and Mind ever managed to. I have Flank's very handy method of kava preparation to thank for this. Thankee, thankee.

It's a nice, heady/body combo that is nice to just sit and enjoy. However, my strainer bag has about given out, and I ingested a large amount of chunky sediment that has given me an annoying case of nausea. New one coming soon. This is hopefully not something that comes with Koniak in general; it is kind of messing with what would otherwise be a very nice session. I really think it is the sediment, though. My stomach does not agree with solid kava root.

Just putting this out there to take back my doubts about Koniak's potency. To the reader who may be considering trying some out, it is very strong stuff and should be respected.

Hope no one minds me using this silly thread for random thoughts, kava session details, and the like.

CanAwa

I use a old white t-shirt to strain out a lot of the sediment ..any nausea I have ever got in my short time with kava is from a thick grog that I didn't put through the t-shirt. I use a doubled up nylon jam strainer and use that to knead with then after I pour the grog through a t-shirt into another bowl a little bit at a time which can be very time consuming ..I usually make enough for 2 sessions . I'm sure this robs the kava of its potency but I'd rather just have the good effects . I'm sure you could keep the sediment and use it for a second wash

Blomdor

Envoy of the Dealfish
I love you guys. Ye are wonderful people. Yarr.

T-shirt did the trick. It was so fine that it took a lot of persuasion to get the water out of it, but with its help I produced a nearly sediment free drink and am now nice and krunked without any sign of yesterday's nausea. I would indeed rate it as being slightly less potent this way, but the pukiness offset the enjoyability of the last stuff I made, so I am honestly preferring this. I'll probably stick to a good strainer bag if I have one on hand, but for times that I do not a t-shirt has certainly proved its worth.

Thank you so much, guys. I'm quite sure my kava experience would be much the worse without your advice and company. ^ _ ^

D

Deleted User01

I can tell you that Koniak sticks with me the next morning. I remember one morning picking up the newpaper at 5am and weaving back and forth along the driveway. But everyone has different reactions to different Kavas. I have bought stuff from Mood and Mind and I can easily say that they are a standup company. Their Kava tasted like crap but I remember that it had good effects. But that was a very long time ago in Kava years and I was still going thru reverse tolerance.

CanAwa

I love you guys. Ye are wonderful people. Yarr.

T-shirt did the trick. It was so fine that it took a lot of persuasion to get the water out of it, but with its help I produced a nearly sediment free drink and am now nice and krunked without any sign of yesterday's nausea. I would indeed rate it as being slightly less potent this way, but the pukiness offset the enjoyability of the last stuff I made, so I am honestly preferring this. I'll probably stick to a good strainer bag if I have one on hand, but for times that I do not a t-shirt has certainly proved its worth.

Thank you so much, guys. I'm quite sure my kava experience would be much the worse without your advice and company. ^ _ ^
I'm sure there are better methods ..at the moment all I have that's really fine is the tshirt but it works great for me

CanAwa

Although even after all that straining I make enough for 2 sessions and put it in a zip lock container in the fridge and it still has about a half inch of sludge on the bottom after it settles for a day ..so people who are using less to strain are getting that much more