What's new

Importcosts

Krunkonaut

The life of a kavaholic
I live in Europe, so when I buy kava it's mostly in bulk because of the expensive shipping costs (usually buy around 3-4 kg of kava). The first vendor I bought my kava from was KWK. They label their kava as 10 dollar tea so it went through customs very quick. Since buying from kwk I've bought kava from a couple of vendors and it always had trouble going through customs because it wasn't labeled and they had to find out what was inside the package and how much it was worth. Sometimes it would stay at customs for a couple of weeks and when it finally arrived I had to pay up quite a bit of money. It has been a while since I bought kava from kwk because I wanted to try other vendors. Does anybody know if they still label their packages this way when they get shipped out to Europe or if there are new rules on labeling packages? If not why is kwk the only vendor I've ordered from that's using this trick?
(it also could be U.S. customs labeled it wrong, I've got no clue how it works)

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I also buy in bulk to save on postage to asia.
Kava Time will label the kava "south pacific tea" and listen to you on how you would like it detailed for delivery - good kava too.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Krunkonaut

The life of a kavaholic
I also buy in bulk to save on postage to asia.
Kava Time will label the kava "south pacific tea" and listen to you on how you would like it detailed for delivery - good kava too.

Sounds promising! sadly their kava is now out of stock... What delivery options do you use when buying from kava time? Do you use another postal service that sends it to Asia or do you contact the vendor?

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Kavatime sent it DHL from Fiji, which isnt cheap, but still cheaper than regular airmail post from vanuatu or the US. If you aren't in the Pacific or US you don't have many cheap options regards delivery.
Why not plan a trip - there are cheap tickets now with norweigan airlines and others to singapore, and from there there are direct flights to fiji with a connection to vanuatu. Buy 20kg and the savings will pay for your ticket..

Krunkonaut

The life of a kavaholic
I'm thinking of visiting the Pacific islands to learn more about kava after I've finished college! This may take a while tho since I just started haha. I'll stick with regular mailing for now and hope customs keep their hands of my kava lol.