What's new

In-House blends that have really floored you?

ElKavallero

Kava Curious
For some reason, my latest order of Kava Supreme was not hitting me like it usually does, after a few nights missing that serious krunk I normally get from it, I dumped in a couple tbsp. of Nangol Noble and got exactly where I was hoping to get.

Wonder if anyone has go to personal blends that they try to maintain for certain effects / balancing?

KrunkMunster

Kava Enthusiast
I saw your recommendation on another thread just after I posted this. I'm going to try throwing some Fiji Lawena to the aforementioned blend and see if it'll help that strong Vanuatu pepper
IMO, there's a night and day difference between a peppery Vanuatu like Stone or Kava Supreme versus Lawena. At one point, Stone literally made me gag to even take a sip of it. I used to drink Lawena exclusively and loved the taste, but now I've been drinking Stone quite a lot and I don't mind the taste (don't exactly like it). The other night I pulled out some Squanch Lawena I had and drank a whole aluball load of it and I could barely feel it. These Lawenas are definitely a lot weaker. I'd need to drink a boat load of it now to get the effects I'm after.

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
14CDD44A-08B5-4E37-A4BD-7EAC7B36139C.png Malo e lelei Guys! I blend my Kava’s all the time to fit the day. I’m releasing a Blend on our site this weekend. For me it hits the right balence of heady and heavy. I blend Kava’s from SavuSavu, Espiritu Santo and Savai’i and for me it brings me to a nice place.

dankerzee

Kava Curious
For some reason, my latest order of Kava Supreme was not hitting me like it usually does, after a few nights missing that serious krunk I normally get from it, I dumped in a couple tbsp. of Nangol Noble and got exactly where I was hoping to get.

Wonder if anyone has go to personal blends that they try to maintain for certain effects / balancing?
I've blended Kava Supreme with others, but haven't had enough experience to really say how the effect was with the different strains. I have experienced what you're talking about though, where Kava Supreme doesn't seem to have the same effect sometimes. For me I feel like other factors played into it. The first time I ever did medium grind kava was with kava supreme, and I was on an empty stomach. It gave me a wonderful euphoric feeling, but occasionally it didn't seem to do that in subsequent uses. I think that if I have just eaten, then it doesn't have as quick of an effect. I also think that if I'm not in a relaxed situation, if I've got things on my mind or am under a deadline, it seems to not have as much effect. Once I get slowed down a bit, I seem to notice the effect more.