What's new

Instant Kava Review Instant Kava Root Drink Mix

infraredz

BULA!
I haven't had any instant kavas before, so that being said, here goes.

I got a 100g tin of this and immediately after opening it, I could see why they call it "Instant Green". The color is very greenish, and the smell is not like any kava I've had before (but closest to Nambawan) because it was mostly a grassy sort of smell, but it also just smelled "fresh". Just like being in a grassy field, not like lawn clippings or anything like that.

I might have no used enough water because there was some silt left at the bottom after drinking my mug, but I just filled it up a little and swirled the rest around- it dissolved surprisingly nicely. The only issue I had was that the fine powder was clumped in chunks (it wasn't a pile of baking powder like I envisioned) which might have been what lead to the silt at the bottom.

The color was very green (so it really is green) and didn't honestly look like any kava I've had. The photo on BKHdoesn't show the color the best, but it's like split pea soup-ish colour. The taste was very similar to the scent, grassy and not bitter at all. There was absolutely no aftertaste either.

At first I was surprised at the lack of numbing in my mouth, but that came rapidly and so did the effects (so it'sinstant).

The effects were pretty much perfect. It's very cerebral but not really energizing or stimulating but there is a very noticeable "lift" in my mood. While it's not exactly sedating per se, it does have a very nice anxiolytic effect. It's similar to Nambawan wherein it's very heady but not too "energizing" and more relaxing (but not sedating like a heavy DHM strain). I'm a little sore from a show last night, and my muscles are relaxed just enough but this is hardly a heavy body sort of experience. The dose was perfect too, I would say approximately equivalent to 8tbsp Melo Melo or 5-6tbsp of Nambawan.

Overall, I am quite happy with this stuff. I definitely know why it's called "Instant Green" now :)

lird12

lird
I just got this stuff today and I mixed 2 tablespoons in 8 ounces of water and man is this stuff potent! I can just feel it numbing my mouth and the effects are almost instant. Got alittle derailed at how fast and potent it came on. Very cool stuff. Did you drink it in 1 big gulp?

infraredz

BULA!
Pretty much, but it's hard to remember what I did because I always "chug" my kava (even if it's 6-8 big gulps).

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
How many servings did you get out of your 100g tin ? I just bought a 50 to see what it was about

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
I use a much weaker dose than this (1 to 2 teaspoons per mug) but it still works well. I find that even with that small amount, not all of it is fully dissolving anyway.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
You constantly amaze me. That was a pretty awesome review. (I'm thinking that maybe I'll "Follow" you some day :) )

infraredz

BULA!
Hey, follow me. It's like Twitter right? :D

I feel like these reviews should be written with some effort and time. Kind of like the Kavasseur used to do. Maybe it's due to the conditioning of reading every single review of his from years ago...

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hey, follow me. It's like Twitter right? :D

I feel like these reviews should be written with some effort and time. Kind of like the Kavasseur used to do. Maybe it's due to the conditioning of reading every single review of his from years ago...
Cool.... Skilled, experienced persons (i.e. like you, @endwacher, @Kapmcrunk, more than I can list) provide real value to the rest of us newbies, when you do these reviews. Thanks for doing them!! (y)

Jake o Links

Krunkin with Sasquatch!
im also wondering how long your tins last (as far as how many days, weeks, ect.) Being poor folk, I want the ease of use and sharing with instant, but if im going to blow through it, its a no go, or an every now and then type thing. Kava is saving me money over alcohol, but instant may retard that effect. Thanks in advance for any info.

skatetheclouds

Kava Curious
Started with the 50 g tin. I found it is great for work and things of that nature. I use about 2-4 teaspoons in water or juice as recommended. The 50 g tin lasted a week or two, probably dosing every other night. I grabbed the 100 g tin, this seems to last a lot longer. Still have half a tin after a few weeks. I have also added a teaspoon or two to a cup of powdered root kava regular old school prep method! This works very well! Hope this helps! Thanks judd!

skatetheclouds

Kava Curious
On a side note i find kava isnt a binge thing. you just drink enough to get to that place and then stop. Where as beer and alcohol, have that potato chip effect. Once you have one you cant stop. If you let the plant do what it will and you respect it, it will go a long way.
Cheers

Jake o Links

Krunkin with Sasquatch!
Agreed. On more than one occasion, i've looked at my wife and said "Im done", and that was it for the night. The BKH boroguru was doing well, and I made the mistake of too much too fast. Loved the effect, but over did it. The root taught me. Got sick. So in a way, I see it as a bit self limiting. On a side note, ithas eliminated alcohol cravings, as I was once dependant. (not to the point that cold turkey would be dangerous, but to the point of physical and mental withdrawal symptoms) I intend on doing a full write up in a week or two on the appropriate thread. Im just waiting to be "sure" that my anti-alcohol findings arent plecebo or psychout. Im pretty sure, but dont want to jump the gun.

skatetheclouds

Kava Curious
I actually havent hd any desire to drink alcohol other than my pallette for tasting new wines and beers, even then its just to try one at dineer and thats it. So kava has definitely helped with that! I never was addicted but inwas over doing it and paying the price the next day and it just makes life less enjoyable.

skatetheclouds

Kava Curious
back to the instant green though, i actually did find that it gives me a but of energy that last several hours. It may just be that my mind is stimulated, usually i can still pass out with the energy it gives though.

Jovnya

Hey, I am brand new to kava and I just bought this brand of it... It should be here tomorrow... I would just like to know what would be the best amount to try for the first time?
Should I do the same amount as you did?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hey, I am brand new to kava and I just bought this brand of it... It should be here tomorrow... I would just like to know what would be the best amount to try for the first time?
Should I do the same amount as you did?
Welcome!!!
Try 1 heaping teaspoon added to 1/2 bottle of cold water (approx. 8 oz) and repeat every 15-30 minutes as needed until you get a feel for how much works for you. ::happyshell::

Jovnya

This is my experience throughout the day...

O.k first taste was terrible!! its tasted so bad lol but then my mouth started to turn dumb...
Finished first cup now mouth and throat numb... did I forget to say this stuff tastes bad? lol I don't feel anything as of yet
Second cup first sip... I am starting to feel something... but not much...
Second cup finish... I feel very relaxed and chilled out... not sure if I can take the taste enough to drink another cup
third glass... ok so the affects were not what I wanted I made a smoothy with it... 4tsp with a banana, carrots, honey, sugar, and almond milk... still tasted terrible not sure if I can finish it
could not finish the glass, so I gave the rest to my BF... he likes the feeling and does not mind the taste which I find crazy lol
I so what I did that works ok for me, is I put one tsp in a shot glass and full the shot glass with water... I would then chase it with a spoon on ice cream... I did this twice in 10 mins and will do it again in 20mins
So I took it again this time 2 tsp in a shot glass and now I am done lol... I am not sure if the feeling out ways the taste... I do feel very relaxed but the taste gives me anxiety
At some point I fell asleep... I guess it must have been the tea...
Final thoughts... didn't feel much of anything just relaxed enough to sleep... I heard people went from drinking alcohol to this but I am not sure how... I felt really sober during it all... tbh not sure what I am to be looking for... I will try it again another time... maybe its because it my first time...

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
This is my experience throughout the day...
Second cup first sip...
SIP?? You don't sip it. You say Bula! to the tiki gods, and then down the shell. 4oz cups of it. One go. It's for shootin', not sippin'!

tbh not sure what I am to be looking for... I will try it again another time... maybe its because it my first time...
You'll know what you're looking for when you find it, believe me. There'll be no question.

Jovnya

SIP?? You don't sip it. You say Bula! to the tiki gods, and then down the shell. 4oz cups of it. One go. It's for shootin', not sippin'!

You'll know what you're looking for when you find it, believe me. There'll be no question.
I will keep trying until I find it then :) thank you and no more sips lol it was terrible to sip down that 8oz glass