What's new

Instants and Micro still don't mix well

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Even when I shake up a bottle really well, with either instant or micro, there still always seems to be residue at the bottom that does not dissolve.
I'd prefer to avoid that, so when I get to the bottom of my drink, I don't suddenly get hit with a much more potent version.
What can help with the dissolving ?
Is this where lecithin would help as an emulsifier ?
I remember hearing a lot about lecithin, so is that the main people use it, for those who do use it ?

VictoriousSpoon

Kava Curious
Store it in empty water bottles/washed out drink containers in the fridge. Then you can just shake it up and chug whenever you want kava, without worrying about residue at the bottom.

It's my understanding you're supposed to drink kava quickly, not sip it like a glass of wine.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
It's my understanding you're supposed to drink kava quickly, not sip it like a glass of wine.
I sip it, as a way of not overdoing it. Especially since it has delayed effects.
Too much kava can nauseate me, and my kava limit for my body, seems to fluctuate for me, day to day.
So it's always tricky finding the right amount.
So, I sip and wait. Sip and wait. And see how it effects me. I'm concerned if I just chug it all at once, it will hit me too hard, and the negatives may outweigh the positives.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
It won't dissolve. If you don't like the sludge, it's ok to not drink it! I only sometimes drink it, but I always stir my kava before drinking. Sometimes even with that, I still have sludge at the bottom.

Another option is to filter it a second time with a much tighter strainer. Would be a lot of work though. I vote just don't drink the mud unless you feel like it.

VictoriousSpoon

Kava Curious
I sip it, as a way of not overdoing it. Especially since it has delayed effects.
Too much kava can nauseate me, and my kava limit for my body, seems to fluctuate for me, day to day.
So it's always tricky finding the right amount.
So, I sip and wait. Sip and wait. And see how it effects me. I'm concerned if I just chug it all at once, it will hit me too hard, and the negatives may outweigh the positives.
You could still use the bottled method; just cap it to give it a quick shake if it has rested long enough for particulate matter to settle. I know from experience that the sediment matter does contain much of the potency (In the past I have used moisture wicking athletic stretch type cloth before to filter it; it removes virtually all sediment, but the potency is markedly reduced when I do this).

Last edited:

WaitingForGrogot

Kava Curious
Shaking/stirring is the best way I think. Kava is essentially a solid suspended in a liquid - it's not dissoluble. Although I find if you make it very thick then it'll hold particles more uniformly.