What's new

is kava a nightshade?

thewanderingwise1

Kava Curious
My doc wants me to avoid them for a bit.but I can't figure out if k avas one or not, the internet is very indecisive on the subject.also does it contain solanine , I guess thats the real question here

EQ

Atman
See I know that but other things contain solanine like some berries and black pepper , so I was jus wondering if anyone knew forsure if it contain s solanine because apparently thats the issue not it just being a nightshade.
Is there proof of any plant containing solanine outside the Solanaceae plant family? Could you please link a respectable display of proof that black pepper contains solanine? Chili pepper contains solanine as it is in the Solanaceae family. Black pepper is not.

Generally specific alkaloids stay within a plant family especially when the chemical is named after the plant family Solanaceae and the genus Solanum.

It would be paranoid to think Kava has Solanine unless there is direct evidence. The peppers, and berries , and vegetables that have Solanine are in a completely different plant family than Kava.

I think you are ok.

thewanderingwise1

Kava Curious
Your right,I couldn't find anything credible about black pepper containing.or kava for that matter so shells are a go.thanks man

Reactions: EQ