What's new

is premaking really that bad? what do you mix kava with?

raginred

Kava Curious
So i'm running low on micronized. i still have some medium grind left. i've read that premaking it and leaving it in the fridge intensives the taste. does it really get so bad that i dont want to go there?? the weekend is coming up and i'm going to be quite busy. wont really have 10-15 minutes to kneed the root every time i want to partake. frustrated as i ordered extract on 9/25 and the tracking number still shows it at the post office in the city of origin :(

lately i've been mixing my kava with sweet tea, rinsing my mouth out, and biting into fresh pineapple. what's your favorite kava mixer?

raginred

Kava Curious
View attachment 4144 Seriously do THIS . Hahahah
V8 splash tropical blend. Blend it in the blender with medium grind kava for 5 minutes then poor through the strainer and knead it for minute or two. Make 2 whole bottles of it and put it in the fridge . You'll be set for the whole weekend ! And it's actually good! Not just bearable!
thanks for the tip!!

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Thank @Squanch72 and his wife ! Hahah seriously changed kava forever for me... Where as before I was doing shots of kava , and getting krunk to quick now I can gradually sip my kava juice and gradually start to catch a buzz and it lasts much longer now !

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Thank @Squanch72 and his wife ! Hahah seriously changed kava forever for me... Where as before I was doing shots of kava , and getting krunk to quick now I can gradually sip my kava juice and gradually start to catch a buzz and it lasts much longer now !
Glad you dig it brother, get you some orange pineapple Splash next time, it is even better. I get two to three days out of a jug and tastes fine through each day.
Last night before bed and this morning I used four ounces of it and four ounces of yerba mate in it and that tasted great too. Didn't keep me up and still slept like a baby and woke up with no migraine. My temples where still swollen from the storm so I probably would have woke to a migraine without the mate. So a big thank you for mentioning mate on here and giving me the mate basics!

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Hahaha dude I'm gonna try that now. You say half this stuff and half mate ? Yummy. Sounds like v8 energy splash haha
Yes sir, half and half, give a stir, and smile.
And how where your thoughts on kavalactone content at room temperature prep? Strong enough for you?

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Seriously changed kava forever... I can now reccomend it and not say it tastes like shit hahahaha
I am seriously thinking of setting up a little traveling kava stand this summer for music festivals, farmers markets, etc. I think having one big Igloo jug of water prepped and another jug of Splash prepped is the best idea. Might be a hard sell to get people to try straight root for the first time. Also the trouble of keeping fresh fruit chasers. Might be easier to just make the root in juice. Some yerba mate at the stand too :). I wonder how much trouble it is to get a permit for those kind of things. Can you tell I wish I was rich enough to start a little kava bar and sick of sitting in front of a computer all day long LOL?