What's new

Issues with Kava effects after 5-6 hours

Hi,
I have been using KAVA for about 2 dozen sessions so far and love the feeling. When I first started using Kava I used TheKavaRoots Vanuatu Select and Tonga Choice. Then I thought I would try some cheaper kava's found on Amazon. While I was drinking the Vanuatu Select and the Tonga Choice I had no issues. Then shortly after switching to No Name amazon stuff I developed a itchy red spot on my head and legs about 5-6 hours after consuming the Kava. I was consuming 3.5 oz in 30 oz water for two washes. 2.5oz is slightly less itchy. I was drinking about 1-2 nights a week and now I have stopped completely. Waiting 1-2 months between sessions didn't seem to help much. It lasts about 2-3 days and my face looks like I have had sun burn. Am I drinking too much, too often? Is it the Grind, brand or type of Kava? Or should I just not be drinking kava anymore? Anyone know about this and any ways I can fix it? It sounds like the majority of you only get dry skin and not itchy red skin?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hi,
I have been using KAVA for about 2 dozen sessions so far and love the feeling. When I first started using Kava I used TheKavaRoots Vanuatu Select and Tonga Choice. Then I thought I would try some cheaper kava's found on Amazon. While I was drinking the Vanuatu Select and the Tonga Choice I had no issues. Then shortly after switching to No Name amazon stuff I developed a itchy red spot on my head and legs about 5-6 hours after consuming the Kava. I was consuming 3.5 oz in 30 oz water for two washes. 2.5oz is slightly less itchy. I was drinking about 1-2 nights a week and now I have stopped completely. Waiting 1-2 months between sessions didn't seem to help much. It lasts about 2-3 days and my face looks like I have had sun burn. Am I drinking too much, too often? Is it the Grind, brand or type of Kava? Or should I just not be drinking kava anymore? Anyone know about this and any ways I can fix it? It sounds like the majority of you only get dry skin and not itchy red skin?
Sounds like you've answered your own question. When you were getting quality kava you didn't have the issues. Go back to quality kava and BTW there is quality kava on Amazon, KWK anything is good and few others, look through the vendors listed here and you'll recognize a few from Amazon.

Also play with your dosages, add more water, use less root, play with the recipe till you find the sweat spot for you.

Is it normal to get itchy skin? I'm not entirely sure It is normal to get itchy skin. How much kava would you recommend? Maybe I'm using way to much. Could This possibly be a reaction to Tudei Kava?

Last edited: