What's new

It's not easy to sell Noble Kava...

verticity

I'm interested in things
So "aerial: fail" refers to the chlorophyll peak in the vis spectrum?
And the 2 Lawena samples have low KL content, but isn't that normal for Lawena (root stump only)?

Blippy5

Certified Noble
That's disheartening, hopefully the ban on isa exporting will discourage people from replanting those.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
This right here is why Im glad were testing!
Most of those dont look or sound to good at all, and certainly not noble like the exporter claims...
Thanks for posting so we the newbies can get an up close look at how the good and bad are seperated,

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
all but one are noble, but a few have aerial parts mixed in. and most are on the weak side. :meh:
i don't know how the machine works, is there any chance chlorophyll can get stuck in there and taint following batches ?
V2 Micro, I want it in my mouth. strong. noble. good chemotype.
do you know if waka A and waka B were from the same source/exporter ?

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Now you folks can see what some vendors really go through to get good kava for you all to drink. After the testing that Deleted User does then if it is passable I test is by drinking it and none of them passed my test. I like the kava I sell to be stronger than what any of these were so I keep looking and keep selling my to grade Hawaiian root and others that I have that do meet my quality standards. This ensures that you don't have to worry about getting the best kava you can get from me. (y)
Aloha.

Chris

D

Deleted User01

Chris has an advantage because he grows his own and he only grows Noble. I remember Kalm with Kava posting that he had to go through 6 different suppliers before finally finding one that was 100 percent noble. Kudos to him. When Chris goes to the outside to bring in Boroguru or Samoan, he also has to go thru hell. If Tudei is banned in Vanuatu and we turn our backs on Tudei, then it may die a natural death. I keep rememberng all of Chris's posts about the good old days in the 80s and 90s when all the kava was noble and strong. Maybe we can bring back those "heady" days.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
Waka A and B are from the same source.
Which machine, kava processing or test method?
hplc. is it possible that lingering chems could make their way into successive tests ?
probably not, but just trying to cover all possibilities.
also, if chris gave you some aerial material, could you do some deliberate spiking, like you did with Isa, to try to get a gauge on how much aerial stuff is shows up in batches like these.

@Gourmet Hawaiian Kava did V2 Micro have a cultivar name attached to it ?

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
do you have an estimate of aerial spiking % for these ?
perhaps it's not important since there should be about zero.
but if it's the amount you saw in mahakea before(due to how the root system grows), then perhaps it isn't so bad sometimes.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
hplc. is it possible that lingering chems could make their way into successive tests ?
probably not, but just trying to cover all possibilities.
also, if chris gave you some aerial material, could you do some deliberate spiking, like you did with Isa, to try to get a gauge on how much aerial stuff is shows up in batches like these.

@Gourmet Hawaiian Kava did V2 Micro have a cultivar name attached to it ?
I have given Deleted User aerial material for his testing, please take note that in Fiji it is common for them to add kava leaves to the mix when they are powdering it, this also changes the chemotype a bit and will give a more sedating and sleepy effect because in the leaves are only DHK and DHM, Fiji is also known for using stalk peelings in there kava, this would also give the chlorophyll spike, and there was no name on the Vanuatu kava, just said Noble kava.
I still have all my great kava but I am always looking for more great kava to offer to you folks. Aloha.

Chris

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
When a vendor goes shopping for kava to add to their product selection, they receive samples from exporters. Some vendors don't test at all, most at least "taste test", and a few actually have these samples analyzed to find out what they're really getting. Here's such an analysis, the latest batch of prospects for GHK. Every one of these samples was guaranteed by the exporter to be absolutely noble and of the highest quality. The real results? Out of nine samples, four are outright failures, two are too weak to be useful, one is merely average, and two (V1 & V2) have some potential. That's a pretty poor ratio, but sadly it's about average right now. I hope your favorite vendor takes the same steps!

View attachment 3301
This reminds me of supermarkets. If they only sold organic/local, they would be out of business. I think this relates. Thoughts @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava ?

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
This reminds me of supermarkets. If they only sold organic/local, they would be out of business. I think this relates. Thoughts @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava ?
It is just like Hawaiian kava over here in Hawaii. You can go to the farmers market and buy some so called Hawaiian kava from a Fijian guy, all I have to do is taste it and I know it is not Hawaiian. Or even some that say they are selling Hawaiian kava but they are selling Isa :wtf:
Some have even said their kava is certified organic but when I check on the State website that lists all the certified organic farmers, guess what, they are not on the list so how can they have certified organic kava???
I do not have certified organic kava but I do guarantee I have the best Hawaiian kava. :hungry: 100% pure noble, no Isa or other tudei kava. (y)
Aloha.

Chris

kavatester

Kava Curious
Deleted User if i sent you a sample of kava would you test it? it is the fiji kava from starwest botanicals , they sell both powdered and "cut and sifted" the product is sold all over the internet and many local healthfood stores the sample of "cut and sifted" i examined appears to be almost exclusively peelings....whether they are from above or below ground i can only speculate but they sure "look" like they are from mostly above ground.

kavatester

Kava Curious
the kava from starwest tastes like chai with chocolate...definately has a numbing and intoxicating effect but rather weak and gives me a hangover....doesnt seem like tudei but doesnt seem right either...

verticity

I'm interested in things
Deleted User if i sent you a sample of kava would you test it? it is the fiji kava from starwest botanicals , they sell both powdered and "cut and sifted" the product is sold all over the internet and many local healthfood stores the sample of "cut and sifted" i examined appears to be almost exclusively peelings....whether they are from above or below ground i can only speculate but they sure "look" like they are from mostly above ground.
PM @Deleted User for the address to send samples to.