What's new

Just took my first kava!

1 person

I literally just ate a vegi cap containing kava for the first time. So far no effects as I just ate it, but hopefully I'll start feeling something in half an hour or so. I'll keep you guys posted. For anyone interested, here is the supplement that I took: Amazon product. I've got some actually kava root powder coming in the mail, but hopefully these will help to break down my reverse tolerance in the mean time!

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I literally just ate a vegi cap containing kava for the first time. So far no effects as I just ate it, but hopefully I'll start feeling something in half an hour or so. I'll keep you guys posted. For anyone interested, here is the supplement that I took: Amazon product. I've got some actually kava root powder coming in the mail, but hopefully these will help to break down my reverse tolerance in the mean time!
Hey welcome to the forum and the wonderous world of kava! But you need to get your hands on some quality grog my friend, I'd stay clear of the veggie caps and buy a pound of ground root. One of my personal favorite vendors is Bula Kava House. You should be able to find all the information on how to prepare your kava here on the forum. A normal dose of kava is between 4 and 8 tablespoons of ground root.

1 person

Hey welcome to the forum and the wonderous world of kava! But you need to get your hands on some quality grog my friend, I'd stay clear of the veggie caps and buy a pound of ground root. One of my personal favorite vendors is Bula Kava House. You should be able to find all the information on how to prepare your kava here on the forum. A normal dose of kava is between 4 and 8 tablespoons of ground root.
Actually a few days ago I did order a sampler pack from BKH, and I can't wait for it to arrive(it's 1 pound total of 5 different strains). I ordered these caps before I had done my research on the good methods of preparing kava, before realizing that the caps were pretty inneffective. I'm just hoping that these capsules will break down my RT before my quality root comes! I'll be sure to let you know how my experience with the BKH kava goes! These caps were unfortunately inneffective and I didn't feel a thing, but I'm not sure if thats just my reverse tolerance talking or what.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Just be careful, the problem with random kava products isn't that their just impotent they can also be unsafe and impotent.
They won't work in the sense of kavas effects but that doesn't mean the stuff that is in their isn't doing harm.

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the Forum! I used to take the Gaia Gel Capsules to get over reverse tolerance. But I did a lot research before selecting them and they did work! You should let us know if you feel you are sleeping better even without any effects.

1 person

Just be careful, the problem with random kava products isn't that their just impotent they can also be unsafe and impotent.
They won't work in the sense of kavas effects but that doesn't mean the stuff that is in their isn't doing harm.
I'll keep that in mind. I bought these specific pills because they had such good reviews on amazon, and I really thought they would do something. There doesn't seem to be anything other than a few other herbal extracts in it: lemon balm, passion flower, etc. Thanks for the concern though!
Welcome to the Forum! I used to take the Gaia Gel Capsules to get over reverse tolerance. But I did a lot research before selecting them and they did work! You should let us know if you feel you are sleeping better even without any effects.
Yeah even though I read through a bunch of 5 star reviews on Amazon(and seeing as how it has an average of 5 stars), they aren't doing anything for me. Not even the slightest physical/ muscle relaxation. It's been two days now, with a total of 4-5 pills consumed. I'm not sure if it's my reverse tolerance or what(or maybe I'm just too much of a stressed out person for them to make a difference). I just can't wait until my good, quality grog comes from BKH- hopefully I'll actually feel some effects. How long did it take you to break through your own RT with the Gia Capsules? I feel like I just spent 40 dollars on worthless pills.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted User01

I was taking capsules and then Grog (like you) and I think it took 2 weeks. It didn't happen overnight. I remember that I was so desperate to make it work that I was sloshing the Grog all around my mouth and under my tongue so that it could be absorbed faster. And that's pretty desperate because the taste was baaadddddd! I would even crack open the gelatin capsules and squeeze the nectar under my tongue. You just have to give it time. This is how Kava tests you. You have to pass the trial before you are rewarded with the effects. I tried all manner of botanicals before settling on Kava and I love the effects and the sleep. Hang in there. :D

1 person

I was taking capsules and then Grog (like you) and I think it took 2 weeks. It didn't happen overnight. I remember that I was so desperate to make it work that I was sloshing the Grog all around my mouth and under my tongue so that it could be absorbed faster. And that's pretty desperate because the taste was baaadddddd! I would even crack open the gelatin capsules and squeeze the nectar under my tongue. You just have to give it time. This is how Kava tests you. You have to pass the trial before you are rewarded with the effects. I tried all manner of botanicals before settling on Kava and I love the effects and the sleep. Hang in there. :D
Well when you put it like that.... I guess I'll just have to wait and see! Thanks! I'm also just worried that the effects are so subtle that I'm already getting them but just don't know it yet. Oh well, only time will tell I guess.

1 person

What are you using kava for again ?
Many different things: muscle relaxation post workout, allowing me to unwind after a bad/stressful day(euphoria), social anxiety in certain situations. I'm sure there's more but that's what I have off the top of my head.
Oh and as an update last night I drank 2 servings of nangol noble from BKH and the effects were there, but not extremely pronounced. At first it somehow gave me anxiety, and an uncomfortably increased heart rate, but after about half an hour or so it mellowed out and I was slightly more relaxed than when I first drank it.