What's new

K@

Status
Not open for further replies.

zach

Kava Curious
Why does this forum hate K@ so much,just another herb though its wayy more harmfull than kava but i think going to the point of calling it "the k word" is a little overkill

zach

Kava Curious
I just noticed when i posted the word K@ it was censord why does everyone hate it so much you cant even say it on the forum

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I just noticed when i posted the word K***** it was censord why does everyone hate it so much you cant even say it on the forum
I don't believe anyone is against talking about it as long as it pertains to kava. It's simply starred out so that google search engines don't pick it up for people searching for that topic. So nothing nefarious going on. Just fighting the onslaught of blind stupid technology. Google Bots can be both your best friend and your worst enemy.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Why does this forum hate K***** so much,just another herb though its wayy more harmfull than kava but i think going to the point of calling it "the k word" is a little overkill
The answer is simple, this is the "Kava Forums" and another thing is that it is best not to combine kava with other herbs or even certain pharmaceutical drugs. Here we like to talk about kava, just kava instead of other herbs, although we do sometimes, like we are now.
I hope this helps, aloha.

Chris

Brohepa

Kava Curious
I also got the vibe that the forum hated K when i first started visiting and thought it to be a little odd considering how much the two plants are frequently the victims of poor/lazy journalism. It seemed that some people here who blast the media for poor journalism against Kava would happily buy into the poor journalism on K.

Truth be told i would use K over kava during the morning/day if i had the right to in my country but as others have pointed out this is a Kava forum so those discussions aren't really appropriate.

This is a forum specifically for Kava and Kava lovers and since Kava is my only option i'm glad this forum exists to keep me up to date.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I also got the vibe that the forum hated K when i first started visiting and thought it to be a little odd considering how much the two plants are frequently the victims of poor/lazy journalism. It seemed that some people here who blast the media for poor journalism against Kava would happily buy into the poor journalism on K.

Truth be told i would use K over kava during the morning/day if i had the right to in my country but as others have pointed out this is a Kava forum so those discussions aren't really appropriate.

This is a forum specifically for Kava and Kava lovers and since Kava is my only option i'm glad this forum exists to keep me up to date.
That was well said!!! You don't have to be a K***** hater to be a kava lover. ::uhhuhhz::

August West

Kava Enthusiast
I understand why the forum stars out other drugs, It involves harm reduction from bad reporting, and I believe it's the best way to remain neutral in topics pertaining to substances other kava. Look at other forums like b l u e l i g h t. It seems like the threads are constantly on the verge of a fight, or the thread becoming derailed due to battling egos. While there is lots of amazing info on those forums pertaining to harm reduction, and they have their niche on the internet, the vibe on this forum is extremely welcoming and chill. I feel this is a testament of the impact that kava has on our lives, and staying on topic in the forum. Personally I feel that vibe may be negatively affected if the forum didn't moderate in this circumstance.

Also I believe members are welcome to talk of these substances in the addiction and recovery section, right? That's why it's a section that visitors are unable to see, only members. So it doesn't pop up in search engines.

CentaurianSlug

My waka's got makas but still "rakas"
uninformed lawmakers like to lump things together when banning. K***** has unfortunately been lumped in with some nasty substances in bills before. Its being dragged down and I don't want to see it latch on to kava as it descends into illegality. Its crossed over into what I call the "idiot kid zone" and I really don't want to see kava end up there. That's where good things go to die in America. I love k***** and have seen its popularity grow way too rapidly. On another point... as a former drug addict who uses kava to avoid addictive substances, I get a little uncomfortable when they find their way into my beloved refuge, the kava forums outside of the addiction recovery section. I like to see people free to talk about anything though but I think the moderators are doing the right thing with this. Better not to have all your eggs in one basket right?

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I was addicted to K. So let me tell ya, its hell on wheels, to quit. It took me a couple of months to withdrawal from it. So, I can see why we don't want this substance to be lumped in with Kava. When Kava is so nonaddictive. Also being the Kava and K are both raw herbs, it could be confusing to some of the other members. Much Love Roaddog...
]

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
As Deleted User pointed out, the word is censored to keep search engines from associating this forum with it. "Hate" is a strong word. I wouldn't presume that anyone on this forum hates it, or that leafy green substance which is more popular than both, it's just not what we're here for.

And I think everything's said that needs to be said, so I'm locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.