What's new

Kava and Antibiotics (Cephalexin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKava88

Hey!
I haven't been able to find any information about Cephalexin and Kava specifically (just antibiotics in general), but was wondering if anyone had experience with this combination? I've recently (2 days ago) stopped drinking after a long week of drinking and the anxiety has been hitting me pretty bad. Hoping to drink some kava to try to cool that down, but I don't want to cause problems with the antibiotics course.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey!
I haven't been able to find any information about Cephalexin and Kava specifically (just antibiotics in general), but was wondering if anyone had experience with this combination? I've recently (2 days ago) stopped drinking after a long week of drinking and the anxiety has been hitting me pretty bad. Hoping to drink some kava to try to cool that down, but I don't want to cause problems with the antibiotics course.

Any advice?

Thanks!
it's best to ask your doctor, explain what kava is and see what he/she says. In general most would agree that it's best to take a break while on antibiotics, sucks but better safe.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Hey!

Any advice?

Thanks!
I took amoxicillin for a week last winter and had no issues with it and kava. The kava supreme really helped me get needed sleep when I was sick so it worked out well. The antibiotic did its job and I had no noticeable side effects.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Antibiotics and kava usually just give me a pretty decent amount of compounded nausea. I personally held off on the kava while I was taking antibiotics, but I don't generally tolerate them well on the stomach.

RKava88

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the advice - Anxiety got pretty bad, I ended up drinking 1 tbsp in an alluball and that surprisingly helped A LOT with my trouble eating and anxiety. Obviously experiences will vary, but I figured I'd post an update.

Thanks again!

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Antibiotics and kava usually just give me a pretty decent amount of compounded nausea. I personally held off on the kava while I was taking antibiotics, but I don't generally tolerate them well on the stomach.
I can see this with someone who has existing sensitivity to antibiotics. I know it would be tough for me to drink if I were taking something else that magnified stomach discomfort. I don't take them very often and after having no negative effects from my morning antibiotic dose, decided to give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.