What's new

Kava and Cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
New research from the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy and Masonic Cancer Center has found that consumption of the root of Piper methysticum or kava, a plant native to the South Pacific Islands, may prevent the development of tobacco smoke-induced lung cancer. This is some of what was discussed at the Fiji conference. There might be some more video soon, aloha.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

infraredz

BULA!
I foresee kavalactones or dihydrochalcones like FKs being some of the new leading drugs in terms of cancer research... I'm aware of a study done with Methysticin that you might have heard about Chris. That study's results are absolutely mind-blowing.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I foresee kavalactones or dihydrochalcones like FKs being some of the new leading drugs in terms of cancer research... I'm aware of a study done with Methysticin that you might have heard about Chris. That study's results are absolutely mind-blowing.
Yes, I total agree, it is truly amazing the results that they are coming up with now in there research with kavalactones.
It is even surprising the scientists doing the research. Aloha.

Chris

infraredz

BULA!
Do you know the study I'm referring to by chance (I'm assuming you went to the symposium though)?

It was using Methysticin to prevent tumerogenesis in an absurdly high percentage of Knockout or Oncomice (I forgot if it was lung cancer, but that's what comes to mind).

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Do you know the study I'm referring to by chance (I'm assuming you went to the symposium though)?

It was using Methysticin to prevent tumerogenesis in an absurdly high percentage of Knockout or Oncomice (I forgot if it was lung cancer, but that's what comes to mind).
Hi Infraredz, I did not go to the Fiji symposium but 2 of the scientists that went there came to Hawaii after that, they gave some talks at some of the schools over here but I was able to get them to give a talk to about 25 key people that were invited to attend and I videotaped it, the first video has been posted here and I am still editing the other hour of video.
The study you are thinking of was funded primarily for lung cancer but they did study a few other cancers too, it was very impressive and the results were I think about 98% rate of cancer prevention. They were trying to focus on preventing not treating the cancer. They are continuing there study and will be in contact with the FDA in the near future to set up things with them so that they are meeting there requirements. It is very positive but they admit it is a while off. Aloha.

Chris

infraredz

BULA!
Well at least you got to listen (and record) those lectures. I'd be very interested in watching all of those when I have the chance.

Not only that, but they were treating and preventing tumorigenesis in mice like the P-53 knockout mouse, that are genetically created to develop cancer and then die from it. Just to say that again, these mice were had a 100% chance of developing and dying from cancer (I'm not sure of the specifics, but like Chris said I think it was lung tissue). It's not uncommon to see some of these mice respond well to certain treatments after they've developed cancer, but to prevent it from developing all together when they are genetically designed to get cancer, and at a success rate of over 95% is really incredible.

Winning Shenanigans

Kava Curious
Was just about to post this, glad I looked to see if it was already posted. Does anyone else have any other info on kava health benefits if so I would greatly appreciate if you would share them with me I love to learn (especially about health subjects).

Status
Not open for further replies.