What's new

Kava and dogs

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Anyone elses dogs stare at you intently when you're squeezing kava? Like he wants me to give him some or something?

violet

Do all things with love
Haha, no dogs now, but the one I had I'm sure would have, he was pretty keen and surely would have known kava might be a good thing. And despite if something tasted bad to him, he would still plead for another taste.

Now the cat... I can't open my kava pantry without her expecting a bit of catnip. She requests it with her siamese vocals until she gets it. Then kava time is usually spent with her in my lap :love:. She put her nose a little too close to a bowl of grog once, didn't seem to care for it and she makes faces at it now.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Now he's scratching on my door while I'm kneading this kava. Afraid of fireworks or...fiending for kava?

D

Deactivated Account

Know the feeling…this guy loves kava mix up duty. Totally follows me everywhere & watches everything i do. He's learnt what follows which noise & the jug wash up means off to the shed so as im washing up he goes & waits at the door to come to the shed with me.

c2.jpg

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
Yes. My dog ALWAYS stares. I had a cat once lick the kava I had just made when I was walking away from it. Funniest thing ever. TONS of drooling... She was totally fine, just didn't seem to enjoy the numbness of her mouth.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Well @fungaloid , I think its pretty safe for ol Roaddog. But excellent point. probably best to keep it away from any animals. My Parrot watches too. But if I hold it up to her, she runs. Not that I would allow her any. Just curious her reaction. I cant really imagine any animal, but us, willfully drinking it. I mean it took some coxing for me to try it. Much love. Roaddog....

infraredz

BULA!
http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2014...for-overcoming-your-dogs-thunderstorm-anxiety

“I used to have to dose my girl up with kava kava. It worked well for an extra large canine willing (and proven able) to bust completely through walls and hollow-core doors. Kava kava or Benadryl,” another wrote, followed by a the international symbol for “frowny face.”

I was out of Benadryl, and have no clue what “kava kava” is or where to find it.

So I did a little research into other ways that I might help Stella — and maybe even dogs all over Chicago that really bug their owners every time a storm or a kid with a grip of bottle rockets starts making noise — find a little peace.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Ugh.

I also wonder if any of them have ever actually taken benadryl as what they're likely doing in my experience is just making their pets drowsy enough that they can't express their anxiety, if anything it probably makes the anxiety worse.