What's new

Kava and eating patterns

Sha Man

I am new to kava, on 4th day of micro mahakea. Today is first time really feeling effects, very nice.
My concern is about when people find best times to eat. I find myself rarely eating. I heard to only drink on empty stomach, no food 5 hours prior. And I take kava twice a day.
Can I eat after ingestion? I don't really like a full heavy food feeling during kava time. Any suggestions appreciated.
And thanks to all on forum for all the kava info getting me to this point

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
You can eat after or before ingestion. Some people can get effects after eating, some cannot. It's something you have to figure out yourself.

My personal experience has been that instants & micronized demand an empty stomach to get any reasonable effects from them, but I can drink a strong traditional prep. and still get effects with food in my stomach.

Jake o Links

Krunkin with Sasquatch!
Ive lost a probably unhealthy amount of weight due to my wierd eating habits and kava. Food and kava is a trick I havent learned yet. It indeed seems counter intuitive. Going to have to start forcing food on myself. Plus on non kava days ;( Ive gone to eating twice as much per a helping.