What's new

Kava and food

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast
So I'm back with more noob questions since there is obviously a wealth of knowledge here. I understand that having kava on an empty stomach is best. I also see that many of you will spend an evening knocking back several shells over a period of hours. So when do you eat?

I'm asking since i like after work kava. Time is limited so I take it in before dinner over about 1/2 hour and then I'm done with it. This is ok, but sometimes my kava session is just so rushed, which is kind of anti-kava. I haven't tried having more later because I figure it won't be as effective. In sum, how do you negotiate a pleasant dinner with a pleasant kava session?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Typically you'd eat lunch, fast for several hours, drink your kava in the late afternoon/evening and eat a small meal afterwards.
The duration you drink kava and the amount you choose to drink at any one time is up to you. I usually stat drinking around seven pm, have 4,5, or 6 shells, then eat around 9pm.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
So I'm back with more noob questions since there is obviously a wealth of knowledge here. I understand that having kava on an empty stomach is best. I also see that many of you will spend an evening knocking back several shells over a period of hours. So when do you eat?

I'm asking since i like after work kava. Time is limited so I take it in before dinner over about 1/2 hour and then I'm done with it. This is ok, but sometimes my kava session is just so rushed, which is kind of anti-kava. I haven't tried having more later because I figure it won't be as effective. In sum, how do you negotiate a pleasant dinner with a pleasant kava session?
How I negotiate food and kava is I eat whenever I want and drink kava whenever I want and don't worry about it. It's almost puzzling that this should be a radical approach, but I swear it works for me. As implausible as it sounds, I drink kava all day long, every day, from the moment I wake up until about an hour before bed. I never notice any difference in how I feel based on when I do or don't eat. But I'm not into krunkin any more, and I do believe it matters for krunkin.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
I'm against the grain too on the food thing. As long as I wait an hour or two after I eat, I don't really notice a difference in effect.