What's new

Kava and Food

D Novak

Kava Curious
Ok, so there is information scattered everywhere about this so I figured one place would be nice. There is conflicting suggestions about kava and food. One way says kava on an empty stomach is best. Another way is to eat small meals/snacks throughout your session. The final way is that eating prevents nausea and makes it hit harder. Well I have tried al of these. Empty stomach work really well, feel it quick and strong; the negative is extreme hunger and plenty nausea. Eating in between doses relieves nausea and makes it hit stronger or weaker, seems to change every time with no specific algorithm or pattern. Finally, I have found extremely different results with eating on a full stomach: absolutely no nausea, it either hits really hard or not at all. Anyone have any views about the last option? Please post all knowledge, experiences, and facts here.
Krunk it brothers and sisters:wacky:, feel the anxiety go!!!!!!!!:joyful:(y):sleep:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Ok, so there is information scattered everywhere about this so I figured one place would be nice. There is conflicting suggestions about kava and food. One way says kava on an empty stomach is best. Another way is to eat small meals/snacks throughout your session. The final way is that eating prevents nausea and makes it hit harder. Well I have tried al of these. Empty stomach work really well, feel it quick and strong; the negative is extreme hunger and plenty nausea. Eating in between doses relieves nausea and makes it hit stronger or weaker, seems to change every time with no specific algorithm or pattern. Finally, I have found extremely different results with eating on a full stomach: absolutely no nausea, it either hits really hard or not at all. Anyone have any views about the last option? Please post all knowledge, experiences, and facts here.
Krunk it brothers and sisters:wacky:, feel the anxiety go!!!!!!!!:joyful:(y):sleep:
For me drinking kava on an empty stomach is the best approach. Once I feel that I drank enough kava for that period of time, I eat. If I am planning on drinking more kava within 2-3 hours, I will eat a lighter meal but if I am done for the night, I eat a heavier meal. If I feel nauseous (rare) I will have a glass of milk to settle my stomach.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I've never had a satisfactory experience if I've eaten too recently...it'll make a 10 Tablespoon batch feel like 2 Tbsp. When I drink kava on an empty stomach, my hunger goes away as soon I have my first shell. I'm in such a routine at this point that I rarely feel notable hunger prior to drinking.

The standard Vanuatu practice is; no food after lunch, start drinking kava between 3:30 - 6:30pm with bites of food in between shells. That works the best for me.

D Novak

Kava Curious
I have read that the traditional method works best. I just don't like it due to nausea. Right now I ate a large mainly kale salad to point of full, took 1 1/2 tbsp of moi, nene, mahakea about 90 min later, and consumed another 1 1/2 tbsp. 2.3hours after eating. 30 minutes later, which is now, I feel a decent buzz, but not really anything from first dose except some calm. I have gotten krunk off same mix 2tbsp 1 hour afer eating, not this time though. very strange how different and picky it is to krunk one.