What's new

Kava Recipe Kava and mate mix on the go

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
I’m going to cover this more in detail pretty soon, in form of an upcoming video.

This is Kava Tonga from @Kavafied and an instant Yerba mate that was sent to me by a local vendor. I had one shell of just the kava and a cup of habitual matcha before I left the house and had this on the go. Flavor wise I prefer it to just the kava, but tbh kava is reminiscent of dirt and this mate does have grassy notes to it for sure so it’s a bit like a flowerbed smoothie or something, but the effects are more interesting. So far I’d say they work well together. The Tongan is like most Tongan kavas I’ve had, really smooth, but not getting in to that now as I don’t really do reviews as such any more. But yeah, this is in a glass that used to contain olives, I find it easier to avoid kava spillage into my facial hair, which is one of the worst things about kava lol, I drink my Kava through a straw for that very reason.

Anyways, @Mrbinx69 there you go.

Bula to da hula, morrapulere!

C957D297-4F8E-4EA3-9C17-FA6EFBA4C954.jpeg

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Woah i just found this searching through the forums ... and at the very end my name was there.. it was like Spielberg showed up and then the twilight zone music started playing.. and yeah baby mate is amazing... what is instant mate though :p?

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
Woah i just found this searching through the forums ... and at the very end my name was there.. it was like Spielberg showed up and then the twilight zone music started playing.. and yeah baby mate is amazing... what is instant mate though :p?
It’s just that, instant mate, stir it into cold or hot water and presto!
In this case I added a tbs to the kava and shook it