What's new

Kava and sickness

Status
Not open for further replies.

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
So, I finally received the cold from the flu fairy. "Hip hip hurray"

And this one sucks, I dont know about how often some go through this, but Id like to bring it to the table.
Some cold virus's give me physc. problems like increased anxiety, focus issues, "mania like" symptoms, that presist a couple days before getting the cold symptoms, up until a few days after its gone.

It sucks to the 10th degree.
Anyways, I just wanted to touch on how much Kava helps with this, and my actual cold symptoms.
I would compare the relief to that of a OTC cold remedy, and the anxiety relief of that of a benzo "for me at least"

While drinking plenty of water, I've found that consuming a cup of Awa every 4 hours or so, really keeps the flu at bay!

Of course, Im getting rooted at the moment for some extra needed relief and comfort from this God forsaken flu!

On a side note, a few of my buddies have expierenced the same "mental" aspect to this flu also.....Kinda strange
Feelin great now

Bula! :headphones:

violet

Do all things with love
I get serious focus issues when I catch anything, the spaciness and/or fogginess is the first clue something's up. Whenever I get a flu or anything else strong enough to give me a fever, I become seriously emotional, and that state that verges on mania also. The feeling is worse than any effect alcohol or hormones has ever had on me. I imagine kava could be very helpful for this and general feeling better next time I am sick.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I have had kava when I was sick and it seemed to help, it really helped when I had the stomach flu, I think it might have something to do with the antimicotic (spelling??) activities of the kavalactones. I hope that you get to feeling better soon. Aloha.

Chris

Kravatomill

Kava Curious
Quite a bump but I completely agree that Kava helps when having a bad cold. I'm really sick at the moment, feels like I have aids-cancer in my sinuses... That is, it feels horrible...
However, after 2 days I had enough and today I decided to slam shells since I had nothing better to do anyway, and sure enough, my sinuses have dried up a bit and needless to say I feel better. The uncomfortable pressure around my head from the flu has been exchanged with a quite euphoric pressure. Good stuff good stuff.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah if your symptoms include over mucous or over moisture in the body and sinuses, kava would help immensely... when i was quitting K@, i noticed that kava would almost replicate that drying sensation a few minutes after drinking K@ ( when you start wd from it, your eyes water, nose runs, start sweating) the kava stopped all that.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Lol that tells you something..
Same with cannabis .. but I've actually never even minded if someone is sick and we share a joint or bowl. Lol never bothered me prolly cuz my immune system has always been pretty good

Kravatomill

Kava Curious
Yeah if your symptoms include over mucous or over moisture in the body and sinuses, kava would help immensely... when i was quitting K*****, i noticed that kava would almost replicate that drying sensation a few minutes after drinking K***** ( when you start wd from it, your eyes water, nose runs, start sweating) the kava stopped all that.
Oh man, I know that story way too well. I was on the other K for about 10 years more or less daily. Can't say it was that hard to kick though, but I never went into extract or enhanced-land.
I live in the country of the other K, and while some believe there is somekind of death penalty for it here that is utter rubbish (it used to be though). in the south nobody usually cares, in bangkok you need to pay 1000 baht fine/leaf (about 28 bucks). Not too fun... That's one of the main reason I usually stick with Kava only now.
But I actually had 3 leaves the other day for the cough, worked wonders, and still not enough to be all zonked.. The kava was more than enough to get me into that warm, mellow feeling. in fact, even more mellow :)

Krunkmeup

Kava Enthusiast
I didn't find that it made a difference except providing some small comfort and something to look forward to when I got better.
I was sitting here sweating like mad and straight away my body temp has gone back to normal and it feels like the mucus is drying up a bit only prob is I can't really take paracetamol for tonight but hope I won't need it

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I was sitting here sweating like mad and straight away my body temp has gone back to normal and it feels like the mucus is drying up a bit only prob is I can't really take paracetamol for tonight but hope I won't need it
Glad you are feeling a bit better, at least. I would definitely not mix paracetomol (aka acetaminophen) with kava.

Krunkmeup

Kava Enthusiast
No but I may take some ibuprofen lol I still feel really bunged up but the sweats have stopped. The question is how I will feel tomorrow lol

Status
Not open for further replies.