What's new

Kava and Tinnitus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete

I have been an inveterate kava drinker for many years including 10 years living in Vanuatu. I have long realised that kava is (for me) a guaranteed method of stopping or preventing a sciatica attack. What I am now suspecting is that it also alleviates symptoms of tinnitus. I have been away from the islands for 6 months and living a long way from the nearest city so haven't had access to kava and my tinnitus, which used to trouble me years ago, has returned with a vengeance. Last night I did some research (googling) and discovered that some anti anxiety medications can work to alleviate the symptoms. Has anyone had any personal experience of this or some pharmaceutical knowledge that could verify? BTW, I have supplies on the way anyway so will do my own "trials" but it would be great to help other tinnitus sufferers if it's a real thing.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I get vertigo and kava doesn't really help me with that. However, anxiety medication does. So it makes sense it would help tinnitus too.

Pete

I’ve got one of the Vanuatu kava barons enquiring of some science guru types in the US. Not sure if I would want a kava stone at the top of a power pole LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.