What's new

Kava at airport security checkpoint?

kavanoob

Kava Curious
I might be flying from the US to the UK to meet a girl. Can I carry a whole container of micronized noble kava onto the plane?

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
I'd put it in your main luggage.
I did this when i went to Turkey (I'm from UK)
I f they do end up testing it you have nothing to worry about.
I often get Kava sent over to the UK with no problems with customs. Well apart from a customs Charge GGGgggRRRRrrrrrr.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I have not taken it on any international flights. However, I have taken it upwards of 10 times on domestic flights in my carry on. I left it right in the gold GHK bags it came in. Never even questioned about it. I think your best bet is to leave it in whatever container it comes in.

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
On a 13 hour flight, I had medium grind in my backpack, and my prep kit. I made kava in my seat.

And I was not very smooth... I didn't know you couldn't have your laptop in your carry-on when you put the bag through the xray. So I got pulled aside to have my bag searched. They pulled out the kava and saw what it was. No issues.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I mixed up some micro kava in the business class lounge before an international flight. There I was pouring this strange powdery substance into a bottle of water. Two guys looking at me. Not a word was said and nobody did anything!
Although it was the Air New Zealand lounge. Probably kava drinkers themselves!

On a 13 hour flight, I had medium grind in my backpack, and my prep kit. I made kava in my seat.

And I was not very smooth... I didn't know you couldn't have your laptop in your carry-on when you put the bag through the xray. So I got pulled aside to have my bag searched. They pulled out the kava and saw what it was. No issues.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I mixed up some micro kava in the business class lounge before an international flight. There I was pouring this strange powdery substance into a bottle of water. Two guys looking at me. Not a word was said and nobody did anything!
Although it was the Air New Zealand lounge. Probably kava drinkers themselves!
Yeah, if you looked Middle Eastern and did that on an American airline it might have been a different story...

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I might be flying from the US to the UK to meet a girl. Can I carry a whole container of micronized noble kava onto the plane?
You may be able to carry kava on the plane but I question the judgement of flying to the uk to meet a girl. If she likes you enough she'll fly to you. Bound to be a nutter in any case, they mostly are over here, most people don't know about kava.

I could have done with knowing some of the above. On holiday in Majorca at the moment and brought no kava. To be honest was more to do with my wife not wanting me to take any through customs. I would have taken the chance. Uk girls for you..... A menace ;-)