What's new

Kava bag exploded

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Well, I guess I don't know my own strength. Perhaps making grog has given me hulk hands? I was squeezing out a bag of kava, attempting to make grog, and the thing exploded! Kava mud everywhere! It's all over the walls and ceiling. It got in my eyes and hair and somehow I can taste it. Did it travel from my eyes to my blood steam? :D Alrighty then! Eyes are fine, will strain what is remaining in the bowl and drink it before starting this amusing clean up. ::aintthatnicez::

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
What strainer were you using? I've had problems with cheaper bags.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Pantyhose my friend pantyhose! They are a great strainer when just starting out. Just don't use used ones they smell funny...
I did read about other people using panty hose for straining! I actually don't own any. People don't wear panty hose much in the Sonoran desert, unless one is in a punk band or a drag queen. The queens out here are pretty gorgeous though. Will check into hose if the strainer doesn't arrive soon. :happy:

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I did read about other people using panty hose for straining! I actually don't own any. People don't wear panty hose much in the Sonoran desert, unless one is in a punk band or a drag queen. The queens out here are pretty gorgeous though. Will check into hose if the strainer doesn't arrive soon. :happy:
I recon there will be no trips to a local dollar store then!?! :D

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
@Intrepidus_dux I was joking by the way, whatever you do don't use a french press, it tends to be quite explosive as well!
Have no fear! Not only do I not own pantyhose, but I also do not own a french press. So no harm done. Any why not a french press anyways? I imagine it at least doesn't strain very well and leaves a lot of sediment.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Have no fear! Not only do I not own pantyhose, but I also do not own a french press. So no harm done. Any why not a french press anyways? I imagine it at least doesn't strain very well and leaves a lot of sediment.
No it's actually too fine so that when you press the plunger you get a sort of Vesuvius like effect... not pretty. Or actually maybe pretty but annoying when you have to clean it off everything.