What's new

Kava Bar in NYC

I've lived in Vanuatu for two years, I drink kava every night. Fresh kava grinded by a meat grinder or by stone or rammed or chewed. I'm obsessed. I'm so happy to hear you're opening a place in NYC because I'll be back in New York in November and if you do open up a place I'd love to check it out.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I've lived in Vanuatu for two years, I drink kava every night. Fresh kava grinded by a meat grinder or by stone or rammed or chewed. I'm obsessed. I'm so happy to hear you're opening a place in NYC because I'll be back in New York in November and if you do open up a place I'd love to check it out.
Welcome to our little but awesome family Jessica
::hugsmiley::

odys1i

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I really appreciate all your ideas and the kind words. Unfortunately though I still haven't found anyone who is interested in becoming a business partner (co-owner) or any potential employees for the kava bar. Finding these people was the main reason that I posted this. If any of you know of any kava lovers who have been thinking about getting involved in a startup, or really just anyone in the city who enjoys kava, please let them know about this opportunity. I really want to bring in kava lovers, and believe it or not it's been very difficult finding them here in NYC. Sadly, most New Yorkers have never even heard of it. I'd much rather hire people who enjoy and appreciate kava rather than people who are just trying to make some money. Thanks again!
Hey there! I am a New Yorker and HAVE heard of kava. Been drinking it for years. I don't know if NYC is ready for a 'kava bar' but non alcoholic parties / events ? Could work. the Traveling Nakamal....

D

Deactivated Account

Hey guys, I'm in the process of opening the very first kava bar in NYC. So far I've got a lot of people involved - from interior decorators to kava cocktail mixologists. I've also got a few potential investors. I'm looking for a business partner, as well as people who would be interested in working there. It's going to be very different than any other kava bar, and I think if all goes as planned it's going to make kava more popular than ever before. Let me know as soon as possible if you're interested!
Ill be there in the new year...let me know when are you open...whats the address.....and man the hatches. I dont mind a drink of kava or 34

darkava

No Flavors
I'm a Kava noob in this forum but not so much IRL. I'm from FL and we have many Kava places here, I'm lucky to have 2 places in my city!

Anywho, I'm traveling to NYC in Dec and have a friend who's dying to try it, I googled long and hard and didn't find a single NYC place, shocking! I'd think NY would be all over it. Closest thing I found was Maryland!

Does anyone know where/when KavaKing wants to setup shop?

P.S. Hi everyone ^_^

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the Kava Forum where the Kava is good and the jokes are bad. :LOL: In answer to your question, I have no idea but someone else may know. There has been at least one posting of a member wanting to setup a Kava bar in NYC but I don't know if it came to Fruition.

darkava

No Flavors
So far I think I saw KavaKing and KavaKenji interested. I'm so used to drinking Kava straight up from a local place and a nice little, shell, not sure how to introduce my friend to Kava if I can;t find a joint in NYC.

KavaKenji

Kava Curious
@darkava you and me both :). I'm introducing a friend tonight to the magic of kava at my apartment. James Brown and other soul music + fresh fruit + palo santo incense cones. I think of kava as spiritual as much as I find it an aid for relaxation. Try it out your way. You can't go wrong.

darkava

No Flavors
@darkava you and me both :). I'm introducing a friend tonight to the magic of kava at my apartment. James Brown and other soul music + fresh fruit + palo santo incense cones. I think of kava as spiritual as much as I find it an aid for relaxation. Try it out your way. You can't go wrong.
Well I usually go to the local Kava "Bars" to have a few when work gets rough, it helps the voices in my head go away. For the record the voices are mine thinking "did you put that note in, did you make the report, did you file it with the court, did you reply to that email, remember to leave tomorrow early to pick up that file, etc." I can't make myself stop working, Kava however does a FANTASTIC job at slowing my mind down enought that I only think about what I want to think. It's glorious.

That's the experience I want my friend to have, but unfortunately I cant find any NYC Kava places :( maybe I should give him 7 yogi teas lmao ::awesomesmiles::

KavaKenji

Kava Curious
Shout to all the kava enthusiasts that brought kava bars to NY within the last two years.

Brooklyn Kava - 191 Suydam St (Bklyn)
House of Kava - 238 Central Av (Bklyn)
Kavasutra - 261 East 10th St (Manhattan)

I frequent all three on a regular basis, if you live in NY or are visiting soon, let's have a shell together!