What's new

Kava Bar Owners!

KavaKitty

Meaow
A friend and I are discussing opening a tea house/Kava bar (with used books for sale, live local acoustic music, poetry readings, etc., and absolutely none of the other "K" Word) here on Long Island, since the closest one is in Brooklyn.

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated. I've operated businesses before, even helped my late boyfriend run his restaurant, but this is a completely different animal. My first course of action, after the research, is to find investors, so yeah, HELP!

Thanks in advance.

Gentle Breezes,
KavaKitty

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
Two words:

DO IT.

Sounds like a great idea. I've been toying with the idea myself, but am trying to come up with the
right combination of stuff to offer -- selling just kava doesn't seem like it would generate a ton of revenue.
I love the old books idea, as well as the music/poetry readings. Maybe some light snackies, coffee, soft drinks, fruit.

Bear in mind, live music costs money. I used to gig, and unless you can find people willing to play
for the fun of it and/or just tips (which I'd gladly do!), expect to pay up to $100 a night.

I live in Wisconsin, a veritable kava desert. I'd bet I'm probably the only kava drinker in the whole state!!!!!
This needs to change. Maybe opening a kava bar here would be a good opportunity.

You should definitely do this! In Long Island with its population I can't imagine it wouldn't work.
Keep us posted!!!!!!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
All I have to say is I'd come support you, music to my ears to hear another kava bar is coming to NY (y)