What's new

Kava bars closing for good (Covid-19)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This is the kava bar that went toe to toe with the FDA and won. What he did was set precedent for all kava bars across the country to be able to continue serving kava. It's a sad day, but we wish him the best of luck.

Has anyone else heard of any kava bars closing due to the pandemic?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I went to the Mystic Water in Huntington Beach a couple weeks ago...they were taking phone orders and then just giving you dry micronized powder in a cup when you get there. It was like $40 for 4 tablespoon or something. Not worth it at all. Don't care if they go under. Could've bought a pound of waka up the street for the same price.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I went to the Mystic Water in Huntington Beach a couple weeks ago...they were taking phone orders and then just giving you dry micronized powder in a cup when you get there. It was like $40 for 4 tablespoon or something. Not worth it at all. Don't care if they go under. Could've bought a pound of waka up the street for the same price.
Wow. Not even any water. It's sad to see the desperation.

Edit: It's a desperation felt by more than just the kava industry.

Last edited:

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
This is the kava bar that went toe to toe with the FDA and won. What he did was set precedent for all kava bars across the country to be able to continue serving kava. It's a sad day, but we wish him the best of luck.

Has anyone else heard of any kava bars closing due to the pandemic?
That's a shame. Sadly there will inevitably be many more closing down I'm sure.

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
The one nearest me is staying in business but they sell K@, CBD flower, tinctures and all kinds of other herbs. It's more of a wook cave than a credible kava bar though.