What's new

Kava benifits?

N

Noname

What other benifits besides reducing anxiety better sleep relaxing muscles etc does kava have ? I remember someone on here said kava makes you feel like you just cried. I totally agree. Do you think kava heals emotional pain and old energy?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
What other benifits besides reducing anxiety better sleep relaxing muscles etc does kava have ? I remember someone on here said kava makes you feel like you just cried. I totally agree. Do you think kava heals emotional pain and old energy?
Powerful anti-inflammatory. As I have an inflammatory condition it cured a vast range of problems for me. Maybe even saved my life. Also cured dandruff and athlete's foot. And as a psychotropic it has allowed me to further seamlessly integrate my waking and dream life, a major project of mine.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Powerful anti-inflammatory. As I have an inflammatory condition it cured a vast range of problems for me. Maybe even saved my life. Also cured dandruff and athlete's foot. And as a psychotropic it has allowed me to further seamlessly integrate my waking and dream life, a major project of mine.
Kava dreams can be amazing. As long as it's good dreaming and not nightmares. The anti-inflammatory effects are very good too. I rarely take NSAIDS anymore unless I don't have kava available. Interesting on the athletes foot. Was it used topically?

Travis

Kava Enthusiast
I've always wondered how much if any antioxidants are in kava root. I haven't heard anything on it and have no idea if its ever been tested for orac levels. But it has to have some.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Kava dreams can be amazing. As long as it's good dreaming and not nightmares. The anti-inflammatory effects are very good too. I rarely take NSAIDS anymore unless I don't have kava available. Interesting on the athletes foot. Was it used topically?
Oddly, I also enjoy nightmares on kava, which are fundamentally different than nightmares were before kava. I call them "happy nightmares" because they are not upsetting and usually even have a happy ending, or at least, a satisfactory resolution.

As for athlete's foot, I think kava is effective both topically (I use the greasy green clay like makas left after a Manoan prep, just stick a chunk in there between the toes), but I believe to to be effective also just from drinking kava. What I think happens is rather than boosting the immune system directly, kava deals with a lot of stuff that the immune system would otherwise be occupied with, which frees it up to do what it was originally evolved to do, fighting little infections and such. So, drinking kava doesn't heal the athlete's foot directly, but rather it frees up your immune system to do its job and ward off the fungus.

Of course, this fits in with my grand (and possibly crackpot) theory of kava as the safe uber-anti-inflammatory, and inflammation and immunity problems as being the single source of so many of the different things which ail modern health: cancer, depression, obesity, anxiety, addiction, etc etc. Basically I think modern man suffers inflammation as a result of modern life overwhelming our immune systems, weakening us and making us vulnerable on many many fronts, but the problem is a single one, and so is the answer. Listen to the kava.

D

Deleted User01

I helps you cut back back on your alcohol intake. Kava is not a miracle drug. good sleep and waking up in a mellow mood is plenty for me. And of course the alcohol thing. because of that, it will add years to my life or at least a few months. :D

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I'd like to experiment with this as well with various doses. I feel with Kava I can get into the music more, if the music touches emotions then a release can definitely happen. Kava definitely heals imho.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I'd like to experiment with this as well with various doses. I feel with Kava I can get into the music more, if the music touches emotions then a release can definitely happen. Kava definitely heals imho.
It's my impression that kava heals emotional pain *in advance* before it happens. Kava consoles, for individual pain and loss, but also for the grand sadness of life. My impression is that kava is not confined to linear time, sequential chronology, but also has a strong presence in the "eternal now." Sometimes I can tune into that when I shut up and listen. I don't always need to do that but it's very nice to feel that kava gives me that option.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Me non compost mentos, me compost kava. Interestingly, I compost enough kava now that I think it does accelerate the process in the composter.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I helps you cut back back on your alcohol intake. Kava is not a miracle drug. good sleep and waking up in a mellow mood is plenty for me. And of course the alcohol thing. because of that, it will add years to my life or at least a few months. :D
I sometimes ponder on the difference between the primary and secondary effects. Am I healthier because of the kava? Or is it because kava makes me get 8 hours of sleep a night, drink lots of water, not feel stressed out, not eat too much or drink anything, and all of those things make me healthier? Of course, to a certain extent, it really doesn't matter. I mean, who cares? As long as I'm healthier. That's one thing I love about kava, it makes me waste less time wondering about things that really don't matter. I mean, I still think about them, I guess, I just don't worry about whether or not they matter.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
oddly enough, as I have lost weight my face got less chubby so there is less of a head for what little hair I have to cover so it looks like I have gotten more hair. An optical illusion, to be sure, but it looks like that. It looks like I am getting less bald.