What's new

Kava brownies, a better attempt.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
On the old kava lounge, someone attempted to make brownies by adding whole kava to the mix, dumb idea. So here's my idea, since we've all discovered kavalactones aren't destroyed even at boiling temperatures, I'm going to make a butter and use it in place of oil, or maybe just heat and mix it in oil and let it cook a bit, strain, repeat and then use that in the brownies. I'm not really sure how bad the taste would be, but I'm sure it can't be nearly as terrible as throwing the whole root in. Multiple careful strainings will probably help.

What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krunkedout

Kava Lover
try it and tell us how it works. sounds like you will be using a similar method of making butter as with *ahem* other plant materials?

D

Deactivated Account

Technically it 'should' work re heat & solubility however i dont know if its really powerful enough to work.

Then again… i want a cat that talks like Stephen Fry so really, im no benchmark for anything.

D

Deleted User01

Get it done Yepimon! If you can get that to work, it would be a major breakthru. You would then automatically have the title of Head Chef at the Kava Forums.

D

Deleted User01

Have you been doing any "Hoarding" lately? Or are you retiring from that position and going after Head Chef?

If you are still hoarding, let us know what you like nowadays.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Have you been doing any "Hoarding" lately? Or are you retiring from that position and going after Head Chef?

If you are still hoarding, let us know what you like nowadays.
Not really, still have tons of kava, but i don't have a whole lot of money right now.

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
You can always make a concentrate and try it that way, or if you're wary of that you can use the same butter and use it to extract actives from multiple batches of kava, to make it more concentrated

infraredz

BULA!
I've had success with some simple dehydrated grog although it's more work than it's worth IMO.

One can make "extract" by preparing kava with as little water possible and then putting that on a big cookie sheet and placing it on very low heat until the water evaporates...

infraredz

BULA!
Yeah, probably.

I heated it until it was a very muddy liquid then transferred it to a large pyrex pan because it's easier to flake without getting those pesky metal bits in your kava :D

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
I've had success with some simple dehydrated grog although it's more work than it's worth IMO.

One can make "extract" by preparing kava with as little water possible and then putting that on a big cookie sheet and placing it on very low heat until the water evaporates...
Tried this once, stunk up the whole house.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Kimmer

Patently irritable
I made the kava fudge--it didn't taste too bad but really didn't offer much in the way of effects.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I made the kava fudge--it didn't taste too bad but really didn't offer much in the way of effects.
Boiling in water at 212 F doesn't destroy kavalactones, but if you bake at something like 350 F, that actually could destroy them. You would need to use a "no bake" recipe, I think.